Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Elk Horn-Kimballton High School is an above average, public school located in Elk Horn, IA. It has 138 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 90% of students are at least proficient in math and 85% in reading.
Elk Horn-Kimballton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A9 Students
- C+5 Students
- A5 Students
- B3 Students
- B-3 Students
- B+3 Students
- C2 Students
- B2 Students
- B-2 Students
- A-2 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Elk Horn-Kimballton High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.3 responses
Schools like Elk Horn-Kimballton High School
- BAtlantic High School
- Atlantic Community School District, IA
- 74 reviews
- B-AHST High School
- Avoca-Hancock-Shelby-Tennant (AHST) Community School District, IA
- 31 reviews
- A-Audubon Middle/High School
- Audubon Community School District, IA
- 15 reviews
- A-Harlan High School
- Harlan Community School District, IA
- 103 reviews
Elk Horn-Kimballton High School Reviews
I feel that there are some teachers that have done a better job for providing us with the real world experience, than other teachers. I would also say that the few teachers that have helped me decide what I want to do as a career have also have taken me places that will prepare me for college and whatever else that job force will bring me.
I did not feel challenged during high school I would have liked to have had the opportunity to take some advanced placement courses, but none are offered at the school.
There is little peer pressure & the school is very open to all kinds of students. Rarely is race/sexual orientation an issue. Students can get involved in many different extra-curricular activities.