Elk City High School is an above average, public school located in Elk City, OK. It has 560 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Elk City High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-102 Students
- A83 Students
- A73 Students
- B54 Students
- C32 Students
- B29 Students
- B+24 Students
- B22 Students
- B+19 Students
- C18 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Elk City High School Reviews
Elk City High School was an alright School. The teachers were pretty good and the academics were alright. Being able to make friends was another positive thing about ECHS. The negative though was the food and the athletic facilities. Although the basketball gym was nice, the football field and locker were not good. Especially the weight room. What id love to see change is the care of athletic facilities and also the school lunches.
Elk City High School is a rather big school. The teachers, however, always seem to pick favorites. If you family has a good last name from having a lot of money or doing community projects or if you play sports, then you're one of the teachers favorites. If not, then you barely get notices.
I love Elk City High School because there are very many programs and classes that you can take to succeed in what you want to do. One thing I’d like to see a change of is the drug usage of the student body. Many students vape in the bathrooms and not very much has gotten done about it.