Elizabethtown High School is a highly rated, public school located in Elizabethtown, KY. It has 762 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Elizabethtown High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-162 Students
- A-160 Students
- B-154 Students
- B-74 Students
- C69 Students
- C+59 Students
- B45 Students
- B44 Students
- A+31 Students
- B-30 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Schools like Elizabethtown High School
Elizabethtown High School Reviews
I love the career pathways at the Elizabethtown High School. It has helped students find their passions in engineering, business, education, health, or the arts. There are lots of clubs to get involved in as well such as service club, political action club, art club, earth club, and women in science. If they don't have a club for you, you can start your own! Elizabethtown High School will give you the freedom to explore your hobbies and interests to get involved in the school and community or get you college and career ready.
As a sophomore, I believe that EHS is a good school. Many of the teachers are friendly, and they each have their own teaching style. Their grading scale system is the toughest I've seen, but it's designed to make students work harder. AP (Advance Placement) classes are either intermediate or challenging, however there are many helpful and caring people who will answer whatever questions you have. There are some areas that the school should improve on. The actual diversity of the school is good this year, but the majority of teachers are unable to accommodate foreign students in their classroom. Usually, their solution is to just use Google Translate. Another area that needs work is the cafeteria. They did change the lunch menu from last year and added some new food items, but the quality of the food has not improved. The students now eat way more chicken. Overall, EHS is a good school, and I'd recommended it to anyone.
Elizabethtown High School has given me the best 4 years of my life! From the teachers, sports, clubs, and academics I think it has prepared me not only for college but for the real world. They challenge us to be the best we possibly can by providing challenging classes. Elizabethtown High School is a small school of about 800 students, the bright side of being a small school is that every student is truly loved and cared for by the teachers and administration. I would not trade my High School career for anything else, I am extremely grateful!