Elgin High School is a public school located in Elgin, TX. It has 1,250 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 65% of students are at least proficient in math and 58% in reading.
Elgin High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+228 Students
- A+189 Students
- A+153 Students
- A97 Students
- B93 Students
- A-87 Students
- B-78 Students
- B+70 Students
- B66 Students
- B60 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 50 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.27 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.29 responses
Schools like Elgin High School
- CManor High School
- Manor Independent School District, TX
- 246 reviews
- CLyndon B. Johnson Early College High School
- Austin Independent School District, TX
- 86 reviews
- B+Hutto High School
- Hutto Independent School District, TX
- 260 reviews
- B-Cedar Creek High School
- Bastrop Independent School District, TX
- 150 reviews
Elgin High School Reviews
As a Elgin High School Alumni, I can say that this school will always have a special place in my heart. The staff and the school community have definitely taught me many life long lessons. Living in a small town really helped me develop that "family" feeling, I can always go back to. As the Elgin High students say, "one town, one team, one family". Great academic experience as well! The staff is there to help.
There are many things that I would like to see changed. Although there are some things that are good. Some things I would like to see changed are the friendliness of school administrations, better academic work and more club/sports. There are also many good things that can come out of this school. I am in the early college high school program which will give me the opportunity to get my associates degree as a high school senior. I am very appreciative of the opportunities that this school has given me.
Elgin High School is a very diverse public high school. This school is very involved in college readiness. There is a program here called Early College High School. I am a member of it. It allows students to start college classes as early as freshman year. This allows for participants of this program to graduate with your associates degree for free. There is also a national award winning dance team. The school also has many clubs for all students. This school has a tight knit bond which makes everyone feel as if they are family.