Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
Elgin Academy is a top rated, private school located in Elgin, IL. It has 300 students in grades PK, K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 7 to 1. Tuition is $27,000 for the highest grade offered. After graduation, 97% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college.
Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
Elgin Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+22 Students
- A-20 Students
- A-17 Students
- A+17 Students
- A-14 Students
- A+13 Students
- A+12 Students
- A-11 Students
- A+11 Students
- A+10 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.3 responses
Elgin Academy Reviews
Our rising junior will be entering their 14th year at Elgin Academy, having attended since pre-K. That alone speaks volumes - we've offered our child the opportunity to change schools at lower school, middle school, and high school entrance points. There was no question he wanted to stay. Our child is happy, challenged, and displays growing confidence each year. EA sets the kids up for success by the ready accessibility of the teachers, the challenging curriculum, and approaching each student in a holistic manner. I was especially impressed with how my child's teachers were able to successfully pivot their curriculum to live-streaming during our first go-round with Covid-19 remote learning. They didn't miss a beat; classes were live, with instructors and students fully participating. The commitment of the Elgin Academy teachers and staff are evident across the board. If you're looking for a school that truly cares about your child and their success, check out EA!
We are in our 7th year at Elgin Academy and continue to highly recommend this great school to all our family and friends! My daughter really loves all the specialty classes, but especially the outstanding Music, Art and theater programs. The relatively smaller class sizes and great diversity provides just the right balance for her, always stressing tolerance and compassion. Every teacher is an all-star and always gets to know everything about our daughter. The involved parent community is always generous and supportive. It feels great to know we have found the right place that will help her develop and be the best version of herself all the way through high school!
We were looking around for a good school for a while and when we visited Elgin Academy the first time we knew it was the one. The friendly admissions director brought us around unannounced to various classrooms and let us ask teachers and students any questions we wanted. I had never in my life seen students and teachers so enthusiastic to share what they were learning! Of course we wanted that for our daughter so we enrolled her immediately and never looked back. So far it has been an amazing experience compared to her previous school and we couldn't be happier.