Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Eldred Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Eldred, NY. It has 242 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Eldred Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+23 Students
- A-18 Students
- A-16 Students
- B16 Students
- C+14 Students
- A14 Students
- B13 Students
- A+12 Students
- B+11 Students
- C+11 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 4 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Schools like Eldred Junior/Senior High School
- BSullivan West Secondary School
- Sullivan West Central School District, NY
- 56 reviews
- B-Monticello High School
- Monticello Central School District, NY
- 134 reviews
- BPort Jervis Senior High School
- Port Jervis City School District, NY
- 62 reviews
- B+Wallenpaupack Area High School
- Wallenpaupack Area School District, PA
- 229 reviews
Eldred Junior/Senior High School Reviews
Truthfully my experience hasn't been extremely horrible but not the best either. In the school mnay of the teachers care so much and you can see that right away. They are all so happy to see the students grow right in front of them. But yet until recent years the administration was horrible, now it seems to be better yet there doesn't seem to be any set rules or standards... only certain kids will get in trouble. The school also doesn't seem to always follow proper protocols.. Parents don't seem to be involved with the school very much... yet since we are a small school we don't get the opportunities that we could get. We don't have many clubs for on reason of not having people to run the clubs. But overall my experience hasn't been completely horrible there are many great things about the school.
I enjoyed the teachers and the people. The amount of help and assistance teachers in this school district provide to students is remarkable. They make themselves available and take an interest in students work. I have had the privilege of having Mrs.Casey as a teacher for four years and she inspires me to try and do the best I can. There are many remarkable teachers that inspire students to excel. The sports programs may be average and not the best, but they provide kids with outlets. On top of sports teh clubs come in an abundance and help keep students working toward a healthy happy future.
The Eldred JSHS is located in a very small community. Although it is small, it offers a lot of opportunities. Everybody knows everybody and that is not something you can say about many schools.