El Reno High School is an above average, public school located in El Reno, OK. It has 838 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 25% of students are at least proficient in math and 35% in reading.
El Reno High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A88 Students
- A87 Students
- B79 Students
- C+70 Students
- B-65 Students
- B+35 Students
- C27 Students
- B+25 Students
- C22 Students
- B21 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
El Reno High School Reviews
My experience has been pleasant at El Reno so far. The teachers attitudes are mostly positive, there are some that do seem like they're just here for the money and summers off. Students are diverse, so anyone wishing to come to this school and doesn't no anyone will surely find a friend. Bullying is minimal and if there are problems teachers are not afraid to step in and help. Since it is a smaller high school and the only high school in El Reno we do have great school spirit. Athletes are doing great in their sports. Academics could be a lot better considering we have remediation during lunches to help students get caught up on their work.
I've had a good experience at El Reno High since I've been going to school there. If there were things that could be changed, I would change the layout of the buildings (its not safe having student walk from building to building unprotected by adults), more kids need to be drug tested, parking lots need to expand, school food needs improvement, and teachers and staff need to be straightened up with attitudes and organization skills.
I love El Reno because once you find a friend, you click with them. We’re such a small town so almost everyone knows everyone, and the teachers are incredibly kind and always willing to work with you if you need extra help or to get your grade up. People are so encouraging and have so much school spirit-it’s always hard not to smile during football and basketball games.