Eisenhower High School is an above average, public school located in Goddard, KS. It has 900 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 29% of students are at least proficient in math and 45% in reading.
Eisenhower High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-93 Students
- A-80 Students
- A-48 Students
- B31 Students
- C+25 Students
- B+19 Students
- B19 Students
- B17 Students
- B16 Students
- B-13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Schools like Eisenhower High School
- B+Goddard High School
- Goddard Unified School District, KS
- 187 reviews
- B+Cheney High School
- Cheney Unified School District, KS
- 66 reviews
- B+Valley Center High School
- Valley Center Public Schools, KS
- 111 reviews
- BGarden Plain High School
- Renwick Unified School District, KS
- 55 reviews
Eisenhower High School Reviews
Eisenhower High School embodies almost everything that is necessary to guide its students to success. My path through high school consists of honors/advanced courses, orchestra, and other arts/activities. From my experience I believe that my school desperately needs to improve funding and consideration for fine arts, more specifically, orchestra. As of now our orchestra is filled with many talented musicians but if the state that we are in continues, that number will drastically decrease. My mother is a teacher at North high school in Wichita Kansas and this has helped me make comparisons between both schools. Things that we lack compared to North High are culture and diversity. On a high note, our graduation rate exceeds many Wichita schools, including North High. Looking back on the classes that I have taken, all of my teachers are well educated on the subjects they teach and I have truly learned a lot. I do believe that Eisenhower is a good school with room for improvement.
Eisenhower is one big family. Everyone is supportive in whatever activity you participate, whether that be football, marching band, golf, or theatre. Our teachers are quick to help academic as well as life issues. Ever member of staff is there to help, not just our teachers and counselors but also the cafeteria custodial staff. Our school is still relatively young, but every year new beneficial changes are put in place to help improve our experience. There are many extra-curricular activities to get involved in - students create clubs centered around their interests (ei knitting, chess, science, scholars bowl, ecology, theatre, Tri-M and many more). School spirit is continually growing with the help of spirit club, student council, our cheerleaders and pep band. Excitement surrounds sports as well as a growing recognition for the arts.
I love my school, I was offered honors programs at an early age and have received lots of assistance with my college search and preparing for the ACT. My teachers are encouraging and all staff members have a great attitude. I wish we had more opportunities for artistic extracurriculars like advanced writing classes and more focus on painting, but I've had a great experience with the art program as well.