Eisenhower High School is a public school located in Decatur, IL. It has 1,059 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 17% in reading.
Eisenhower High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+62 Students
- B53 Students
- B51 Students
- C+51 Students
- A+47 Students
- B46 Students
- B-42 Students
- B38 Students
- A-35 Students
- B+29 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 28 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like Eisenhower High School
- C+MacArthur High School
- Decatur School District No. 61, IL
- 85 reviews
- B-Okaw Valley High School
- Okaw Valley Community Unit School District No. 302, IL
- 47 reviews
- BWarrensburg-Latham High School
- Warrensburg-Latham Community Unit School District No. 11, IL
- 41 reviews
- B-Argenta-Oreana High School
- Argenta-Oreana Community Unit School District No. 1, IL
- 21 reviews
Eisenhower High School Reviews
I enjoyed my high school experience here. By getting involved in lots of clubs and activities I had tons of spirit and connections. There is a big gap between regular and honors classes, meaning that students in the school often have a disparity between levels and it can be hard to get college ready. My Honors and AP courses got me as college-ready as they could. There are problems higher up in administration, I never felt completely supported by the officials outside of my school (The administration inside of the school is wonderful) and my parents never cared for the higher administrative officials either. Other than that, I was very happy all four years because I made the most out of what was offered to me. I was encouraged by all of my teachers, Eisenhower has some of the best to offer! Go Panthers!
There are mainly sports after school. There's a writing club, an anime and manga club, Chess Club, and various things like that. We had a board game club last year but I'm not sure if it's still going; we have a Scholastic Bowl though! No debate team. Most clubs get a few regulars with drifters. A core group with off-shoots. Part of the problem is these clubs attract good students - and good students are some of the busiest creatures on Earth. Sometimes they can make it, sometimes they don't. However, the teachers and administrators are very supporting of the students and the clubs.
At Eisenhower High School has been an amazing experience. At this school it gives the chance to explore every avenue of life. The teachers actually care about the students and how they are. The students are actually very kind and very accepting. When you walk the halls you would see some people who are the best of friends, but you would never actually normally never see them becoming friends happening. The class sizes are a bit of a bummer because some of the classes are over booked. I'd like to see more variety of courses for everyone who is going to be going to this high school, and even though I won't get to experience, I truly believe that it would be a blessing to those new people coming into.