Edna Karr High School is a public, charter school located in New Orleans, LA. It has 1,098 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 77% of students are at least proficient in math and 66% in reading.
Edna Karr High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-294 Students
- B+271 Students
- B238 Students
- B206 Students
- B+196 Students
- B+180 Students
- B174 Students
- B-170 Students
- C167 Students
- A+141 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.34 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.39 responses
Schools like Edna Karr High School
Edna Karr High School Reviews
My experience at Edna Karr High School has been excellent. I have had multiple opportunities to express my scholastic abilities, intelligence, and capability to succeed in high school and be prepared for college. Many programs such as free ACT Prep and free ACT Tutoring provided by Edna Karr's Staff. There many events and opportunities that I, personally, have been given to practice and enrich my public speaking, city wide out reach ( such as to city legislatures and other powers that be), as well as student leadership enforcement. My experience at Edna Karr High School has helped me prepare for college and real world events.
I’ve had an interesting high school experience as far as academics, school culture and sports. At Edna Karr high school, academics and school culture are their top two priorities. In my opinion, academics in school culture go hand-in-hand. For example, if the school culture is poor then most likely your academics will be poor as well. Throughout my four years at Edna Karr high school, for you to participate in any extracurricular activities your grades must be up to par. I have participated in sports, such as, volleyball and track and field. Leaving out of Edna Karr high school, if I didn’t learn anything else, I learned how to take pride in any and everything that I do.
Edna Karr Highschool cultivated me for success mentally, emotionally, and physically. The faculty and staff are outstanding and are beyond qualified to deal with any child from any walk of like. One thing I admired the most while attending Edna Karr Highschool was the school pride. We were indeed second to none. A winners attitude is what we were all taught to embrace. The disciplinarians as well as the Head of School all led by example and set a standard of greatness for all students to follow.