Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Edna Karr High School is a public, charter school located in New Orleans, LA. It has 1,083 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 66% of students are at least proficient in math and 79% in reading.
Edna Karr High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-347 Students
- B+326 Students
- B303 Students
- B247 Students
- B237 Students
- C+218 Students
- C+208 Students
- B+206 Students
- B204 Students
- C+166 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 102 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.37 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.42 responses
Schools like Edna Karr High School
Edna Karr High School Reviews
I have been at Edna Karr High School for four years now. Much has changed over the years, some good and some bad. Since freshman year, class of 2020 has had 3 different principals. Theirs not a lot of organization. For example, the staff doesn't communicate with each other much, which brings a lot of confusion among the students. For example, the principle would say one thing while the deans say otherwise. However, they're some pros. Edna Karr has so much school pride! We really love our school, and represent no matter where we are. No school is perfect, and I really appreciate the experiences and opportunities Karr has given me.
In all Edna Karr wasn’t the best high school. There were many fights and violent nature between students and teachers. Administration tried their best, but they didn’t listen to the student body. The security was very toxic. They had favorites so they let those children slide with almost anything. Security had a toxic behavior towards the students. For example, if I ,the student, brought a jacket that wasn’t allowed to school the security would tell me to take it off, which is understandable, but the security would antagonize me even when it is off and put away. They would continue to do so until I defend myself then would try to suspend me for 3-5 day.
Attending karr is like entering another home. Karr feels like family we may have our ups and downs, but we all come back together finishing off everything strong. Registering for karr was never a regret feeling. The extracurricular activities are very great and no matter which activity your into it’s like you are involved in everything. Karr will make you feel comfortable. Once you leave you will leave with knowledge like no other and you will also have a better understanding that the culture is not like no other school. We are second to none and will always be.