Edmonson County High School is a public school located in Brownsville, KY. It has 543 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Edmonson County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-119 Students
- A-51 Students
- B-33 Students
- A-30 Students
- B28 Students
- B+27 Students
- C+21 Students
- B-21 Students
- A+20 Students
- B18 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Edmonson County High School Reviews
Edmonson County High School is filled with many friendly faces, including the students, staff, and community surrounding the school. Considering this being my last year as a high school student at ECHS, I would like to see more technology being used at the school. Our new principal is currently working on change at ECHS and I am very excited about it!
I enjoy the focus on academics such as getting the students prepared for college or going straight into the workforce. Also a lot of stress is put onto the ACT better preparing students to make higher scores. One of the biggest problems with the school is the culture of the students and even staff, it resembles that of the very conservative, socially non progressive 1940’s.
My personal experience in the school system was great. I loved going to school here. I looked forward to it everyday. The teachers in the school are really great and know how to keep you on topic. I always got along with the staff and students. This is a very sport enthusiastic school. I went to football and basketball games. They always have lights and their stuff is always working. But the drama department is not kept up with. I took drama all four years. I did lights and sound for three years. I'd love to see some money put into the drama department because when my home didn't feel like home I knew that I could come in there every day ad forget about what was going on at home and just have a good time with friends. Dooley helped me a lot too. She sculpted me into who I am. I will always remember the memories I made at that school. Everyone there made an impact on me in some way, shape, or form. I'm so glad I got to go to this school.