Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Edison High School is an above average, public school located in Milan, OH. It has 404 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Edison High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+117 Students
- A-85 Students
- B80 Students
- B65 Students
- B-59 Students
- A-52 Students
- A49 Students
- B41 Students
- B39 Students
- A+35 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 19 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like Edison High School
- BPerkins High School
- Perkins Local School District, OH
- 133 reviews
- BFirelands High School
- Firelands Local School District, OH
- 80 reviews
- BNorwalk High School
- Norwalk City School District, OH
- 110 reviews
- BVermilion High School
- Vermilion Local School District, OH
- 102 reviews
Edison High School Reviews
As previous users have stated, 95% of our teachers are extremely hardworking and dedicated to their jobs. As you get to know most of them, they will check on you daily to make sure things are going well for you. There are a few teachers, especially in the science and math departments, that put less than stellar effort into their jobs and it shows (however, they still do a pretty good job with the resources they are given). I do believe clubs are significantly underfunded compared to sports, and sometimes clubs actually still end up performing better. Our band and drama programs are second to none around our area, most sports have been quite competitive and successful recently, Speech & Debate is posting some of the best numbers it's ever had here (thanks to our wonderful advisers), and there have been at least 5 new clubs created in the past few years. The atmosphere is generally safe and welcoming, although you can argue some kids were raised to be rather unforgiving.
At Edison it's very safe especially with all the new renovations and add ons. We're a small school so you know everyone in your grade and you're practically raised with your fellow classmates. To me, my grade is like a family we have spent majority of our elementary and Jr. High days together in the same classrooms and now here we are about to graduate high school and go our separate ways. And it's crazy to think how now we're going to be stepping out into the world not knowing when we'll see everyone again. We're gonna be meeting new people and experiencing new things without coming in the next day in class and telling everyone about it. I'm gonna miss my classmates. I'm gonna miss our teachers. The people who guided us and joked around with us and made sure we are all ready to graduate. I will always remember the my days back at Edison.
I loved how all of the teachers offered help after school to students who needed it! The teachers were organized and well-known to students. They interact and get to know their students on an individual basis. The classes that are available at Edison are great to get ready for college and to get used to college classes. They also have a lot of CCP classes available.