Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A minus
- Diversitygrade A+
- Teachersgrade A
- College Prepgrade A
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B+
- Health & Safetygrade A minus
- Administrationgrade A minus
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade C minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Edison High School is a highly rated, public school located in Edison, NJ. It has 2,028 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 30% of students are at least proficient in math and 53% in reading.
Edison High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A670 Students
- grade B minus267 Students
- grade A+243 Students
- grade A minus229 Students
- grade B223 Students
- grade B+208 Students
- grade C+198 Students
- grade A minus181 Students
- grade B+172 Students
- grade A+165 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C
- Good for Familiesgrade A+
- Housinggrade B minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade A minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 26 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 26 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 81 responses
- Powderpuff (seniors v junior girls flag football)23%
- Mr ehs21%
- Volleyball for charity12%
- Eagles' Nest (fan section)10%
- Dodgeball for charity7%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 35 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 35 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 35 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 47 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$16,969 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 53 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 53 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 53 responses
Schools like Edison High School
- grade A+J.P. Stevens High School
- Edison Township School District, NJ
- Rating 3.71 out of 5 447 reviews
- grade A minusPiscataway Township High School
- Piscataway Township School District, NJ
- Rating 3.69 out of 5 526 reviews
- grade BThe Michael J. Petrides School
- New York City Geographic District No. 31, NY
- PK, K-12
- Rating 3.9 out of 5 81 reviews
- grade A minusNorth Brunswick Township High School
- North Brunswick Township School District, NJ
- Rating 3.46 out of 5 329 reviews
Edison High School Reviews
Rating 3.67 out of 5 297 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Edison High School has higher AP passing scores than nine of the top twenty public schools listed by New Jersey Monthly and more National Merit Scholarship Semifinalists than ten of these Top Twenty schools. EHS offers 18 Advanced Placement and 38 Honors courses in a variety of disciplines. The class of 2013 is currently attending many fine universities, a list of which is located on our EHS Higher Education page. It also has award-winning fine arts programs, such as our Marching Band, Choirs and Drama Club. It has won competitions in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, and Ohio. Our athletes participate in the Greater Middlesex Conference Red and White Divisions in 22 varsity sports. The graduating Class of 2013 contained 505 students. Of this group, 52% are attending a four-year college while 35% are attending a two-year college. The remain 12% have gone on to start successful careers in the workforce or military. A great school! Almost everyone misses it, after graduation.
Edison high school helps students pursue their futures with incredible support from the staff. The school is very diverse, and the administration actively helps students of color and LGBT students feel safe in the school environment. Additionally, the academics are student-based, with a large variety of class levels, subjects, and paces. Overall, my experience here has been nothing short of excellent, even throughout the pandemic. With awesome school spirit, school events, and a school community, all students have a chance to thrive here.
Edison High School is really diverse in thought, look, and personality. That makes the community a good spot for learning as it is easy to learn about others and yourself with such diversity surrounding you. This helps prepare for the real world where you are going to encounter a variety of thought and ideas. Learning to understand and acknowledge a diverse selection of people and their adjoining world view's is especially important in entertaining compassion and good sportsmanship.