Edison High School is a highly rated, public school located in Edison, NJ. It has 1,932 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 21% of students are at least proficient in math and 51% in reading.
Edison High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A544 Students
- B-217 Students
- A+189 Students
- A-184 Students
- B181 Students
- C+170 Students
- B+164 Students
- A-153 Students
- A-139 Students
- A+132 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.25 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.25 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 77 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.46 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.52 responses
Schools like Edison High School
- A+J.P. Stevens High School
- Edison Township School District, NJ
- 405 reviews
- APiscataway Township High School
- Piscataway Township School District, NJ
- 500 reviews
- BThe Michael J. Petrides School
- New York City Geographic District No. 31, NY
- PK, K-12
- 80 reviews
- A-North Brunswick Township High School
- North Brunswick Township School District, NJ
- 313 reviews
Edison High School Reviews
From many clubs that ensure inclusion minorities to college advisors that are free the entire school year to ensure the readiness of Edison High's students, Edison High School provides well for its students. Many students are friendly and more than willing to help each other. There are many fun events and fundraisers like food truck festivals, T-shirt fundraisers, and food sales. There are also always food drives and donations to the less fortunate in operation. The teachers are well qualified and always ready to help their students and provide a very comfortable and social atmosphere. One place Edison High School can improve upon is cafeteria food and assemblies that address social topics to educate the students on important and sensitive subjects such as the LGBTQ+ community and racial acceptance.
I have been in EHS for more than 3 years, this year being my last one. Many memories have been made in that school and it makes me sad that I will be leaving it soon. Edison High School has a diverse student body and a variety of clubs. I would only like to change the heating and air conditioning; however, this problem most likely applies to a lot of students in other schools too. There is not a lot that could be done about it, which is fine. The heat is not going to kill me. In general, EHS is a rather exceptional school. The appearance outside may turn off some people, but the interior does not leave more to be desired. Awesome job, Edison High School!
Edison High School is a good high school to prepare student's for college. The teachers are always willing to help students whether that be to stay after school, or come in early. They are always there if a students needs help. Some pros to going here is the diversity rate. We have people from all over attending this school, so you'll always have the chance to meet someone new. They have many sports and clubs so everyone has something to occupy their time after school. Some cons are the school is overcrowded, the building is not that big and has to accommodate over 2,000 students. Furthermore, the team rooms for the girl athletes are not that big. Overall Edison High School is a good school and provides a good education for the teens that attend.