Edina Senior High School is a top rated, public school located in Edina, MN. It has 2,001 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 74% of students are at least proficient in math and 79% in reading.
Edina Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+494 Students
- A+279 Students
- A138 Students
- A124 Students
- A112 Students
- A+105 Students
- A89 Students
- A+80 Students
- A73 Students
- A+73 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.26 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.26 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 59 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.44 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.54 responses
Schools like Edina Senior High School
- A+Minnetonka Senior High School
- Minnetonka Public School District, MN
- 536 reviews
- A+Wayzata High School
- Wayzata Public School District, MN
- 362 reviews
- A+Eagan Senior High School
- Rosemount-Apple Valley-Eagan Independent School District No. 196, MN
- 433 reviews
- A+Orono Senior High School
- Orono Public School District, MN
- 164 reviews
Edina Senior High School Reviews
The new campus is innovative and includes new resources!The security is tight in this new facility but makes sense as the school is modernizing and developing to find its place and cater to the new generations. The teachers are great and are the strength of the school. They participate and encourage students as well to take part of the clubs and their various programs. Their college preparatory courses make you stand out and help you excel in your next path. One thing I wish is to be given the resources to explore different classes. As a senior I realized I never knew that some of these classes existed! Great school, nonetheless.
My experience was wonderful at Edina high school. The academics were great, the teachers prepare you well for the next chapter in your life. The school culture is very rich, there are tons of ways to get involved, such as clubs, sporting events and even in the school. Parents are very involved with the school as they want to see the best for their children, as the parents want to see their children achieve beyond their goals. I would not trade places with any high School in the state of Minnesota for anything else. I am proud to call myself a hornet!
People are nice, and the counselors want you to succeed! I took off a star because of issues with the administration. It seems like they do a lot to cause situations to escalate, and it creates more drama then their needs to be. The lunch line is also very slow.