Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Edina Senior High School is a top rated, public school located in Edina, MN. It has 2,718 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 64% of students are at least proficient in math and 73% in reading.
Edina Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A633 Students
- A+348 Students
- A184 Students
- A153 Students
- A+138 Students
- A136 Students
- A+103 Students
- A98 Students
- A98 Students
- A+89 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.29 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.29 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.47 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.57 responses
Schools like Edina Senior High School
- A+Minnetonka Senior High School
- Minnetonka Public School District, MN
- 598 reviews
- A+Wayzata High School
- Wayzata Public School District, MN
- 425 reviews
- A+Eagan Senior High School
- Rosemount-Apple Valley-Eagan Independent School District No. 196, MN
- 485 reviews
- A+Orono Senior High School
- Orono Public School District, MN
- 187 reviews
Edina Senior High School Reviews
Edina High School has some good qualities, but also a lot of bad ones. On the negative side, it's a completely non-progressive school that tries it's hardest to appear modern. There are a lot of teachers who don't teach the curriculum, and it tends to be an unwelcoming environment for BIPOC students. It's nearly impossible to change your schedule once you've chosen your classes, which you are required to choose half a year before- so if you are struggling with a class, you can't really transfer out (although they do have tutoring and counseling resources). However, on the positive side, they have a decent-sized catalog of classes to choose from, as well as recently remodeled classrooms and common spaces. They also have a fair amount of extracurricular activities to choose from (though the majority of these activities are not widely advertised and can be very difficult to find). They also have plenty of events.
Great teachers! Every teacher cares about each student and wants them to succeed. There are so many resources that are provided by the school such as teacher office hours, peer tutoring, and many other resources.
Edina High School is an excellent school. With the number of opportunities the students get, they are well prepared for college. I graduated recently and I feel like Edina has prepared me well for college. The academic rigour and expectations the teachers put forth allowed me to excel at the University of Minnesota. In addition to academic rigour, Edina has a wide variety of extra curriculars. Many of the sports teams are the best in the state. There are numerous clubs and the fine arts department is also exceptional. Edina is a great place for students to find their own niche being that it is a larger midsize school.