Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Edgewood-Colesburg High School is a public school located in Edgewood, IA. It has 232 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Edgewood-Colesburg High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+27 Students
- A25 Students
- A23 Students
- B-20 Students
- B-18 Students
- B14 Students
- B12 Students
- B12 Students
- B+7 Students
- B6 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.4 responses
Schools like Edgewood-Colesburg High School
- BWest Delaware High School
- West Delaware County Community School District, IA
- 73 reviews
- B-Central Community Junior/Senior High School
- Central Community School District, IA
- 25 reviews
- BMaquoketa Valley Senior High School
- Maquoketa Valley Community School District, IA
- 52 reviews
- B-Starmont High School
- Starmont Community School District, IA
- 13 reviews
Edgewood-Colesburg High School Reviews
I learned a lot about who I am and who I want to be, by going to Ed-Co. I think that our personal problems should be handled differently. I used to be bullied by some people at my school and nothing was done about it. I also think some of the rules are unnecessary and not fair to the students.
My experience at Edgewood-Colesburg High School was average. Some teachers are here just to do their job. They don't care about the students. Bullying is a huge issue in our school and nobody does anything to stop it. It is sad to see how our school is going down hill because people don't care anymore about anything.
I believe the people that fill the school throughout, are really amazing people. The school itself however, could use some improving. The school isn't in the best condition. We manage, and fix things that are needed as we go, otherwise the school itself isn't in the best condition.