Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
Edgemont Junior/Senior High School is a top rated, public school located in Scarsdale, NY. It has 966 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 85% in reading.
Edgemont Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+114 Students
- A+112 Students
- A-75 Students
- A+67 Students
- A+66 Students
- A+60 Students
- A+59 Students
- A58 Students
- A-48 Students
- A+47 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 13 responses
- Edgemont Aid15%
- Pep rallies8%
- Spirit Week8%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Schools like Edgemont Junior/Senior High School
- A+Greenwich High School
- Greenwich School District, CT
- 437 reviews
- A+Fox Lane High School
- Bedford Central School District, NY
- 197 reviews
- A+Great Neck North High School
- Great Neck Public Schools, NY
- 117 reviews
- A+Paul D. Schreiber Senior High School
- Port Washington Union Free School District, NY
- 228 reviews
Edgemont Junior/Senior High School Reviews
The student body are very academically driven, but they still find time to pursue their passions and take care of their health. Most of the teachers are helpful; their office hours are always available to you. Many students have free periods as well, so they can study during the day. The open campus is beautiful, but some of the breezeways and buildings are falling apart a little. There is a clear divide between the honors and the regular students, however. Because the student body is small, and many students have their own commitments outside of school, clubs at this school are a little dormant.
As an experienced Edgemont student, I know what I'm talking about. Edgemont is a very safe, educational public school. Most of the people are nice, except for a select few, but overall very accepting and kind. The teachers are very nice and smart. They obviously have to now what there talking about to join this schools terrific staff. The campus is beautiful, with buildings connected by breeze ways, its very nice to get a clean breathe of air before proceeding to your next class. The safety is great, with every child getting a metal cart that always them into every building, and without this key there is no other way of getting in. The food is tremendous, with very healthy and yummy options. They even have a snack bar filled with great treats! Over all I feel that Edgemont is amazing, but the friends and things you learn there are better.
My overall experience with Edgemont High School was very good. Edgemont gives students many opportunities to succeed such as preparing for the future, a variety of extracurricular activities and even teaches students about leadership. Students here are very welcoming and open to the diversity in the school itself. Students are able to succeed with the help of the teachers who are very motivated to make sure they have the help they need when understanding and learning in classes.