Eden Prairie Senior High School is a top rated, public school located in EDEN PRAIRIE, MN. It has 3,018 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 59% of students are at least proficient in math and 69% in reading.
Eden Prairie Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+541 Students
- A+307 Students
- A165 Students
- A134 Students
- A115 Students
- B+107 Students
- A+96 Students
- A+87 Students
- A+84 Students
- A82 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.52 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.52 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 187 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.73 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.73 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.73 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.79 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.79 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.79 responses
Schools like Eden Prairie Senior High School
- A+Wayzata High School
- Wayzata Public School District, MN
- 368 reviews
- A+Eastview Senior High School
- Rosemount-Apple Valley-Eagan Independent School District No. 196, MN
- 347 reviews
- A+Edina Senior High School
- Edina Public School District, MN
- 333 reviews
- A+Minnetonka Senior High School
- Minnetonka Public School District, MN
- 545 reviews
Eden Prairie Senior High School Reviews
I moved from a private school to Eden Prairie High School for my freshman year and I am very happy I did. I was looking for a big school, to meet new people, more opportunities, and an overall high school experience. As a senior at EPHS, I can gladly say that I have definitely enjoyed my high school experience. This school does an amazing job of representing students for academic achievements, sports, drama and plays, clubs, and many more. My favorite thing about EPHS are pepfests. These whole school celebrations make me feel so happy and proud to be a member of Eagle Nation. Nothing compares to hearing our principal, Mr. McCartan, give a heartwarming speech that makes everyone cry while you're surrounded by your peers. They really help us prepare for post-secondary options and encourage all of us to be the very best versions of ourselves. There are so many supportive resources and people at EP and I honestly would not want to go anywhere else. Once and Eagle, always and Eagle!
My experience at Eden Prairie High School has been unbelievable. The students and staff are incredibly welcoming and kind. Eden Prairie has allowed me to embrace my passions in areas of study I had never considered. I received the opportunity to meet very inspiring individuals, including entrepreneurs, teachers, senators, successful parents, etc. The school has also given me many opportunities to impact my community. I had the chance to attend a school board meeting to speak about positive behavior intervention in schools, rally with 3000 classmates to march for our lives in hopes to end gun violence, improve my political efficacy, and work with the principal to better our educational environment. Eden Prairie High School's community is like no other. I entered the school as a nervous freshman who knew nothing, but over the course of 4 years, I have been able to accomplish things I hadn't believed were possible and meet countless different people who have become my best friends.
I really enjoy the atmosphere at Eden Prairie High School. Everyone is constantly looking to improve. Whether through quiet study in the media center, spending time with teachers in the resource centers going over material, or engaging in the classroom, everyone is able to thrive. The school spirit vibe is absolutely amazing as to how many people I see in the hallways repping the Eden Prairie Eagle. However, I do believe that there are improvements to made at Eden Prairie. I often feel that our ninety minutes, four-period block schedule should be revised. This way students are able to engage in every required subject for a full year instead of only half a year which could result in students not learning a certain subject until a year and a half later.