Eden Prairie Senior High School is a top rated, public school located in Eden Prairie, MN. It has 3,018 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 63% of students are at least proficient in math and 73% in reading.
Eden Prairie Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+625 Students
- A+342 Students
- A-199 Students
- A163 Students
- A144 Students
- B+125 Students
- A+108 Students
- A+98 Students
- A97 Students
- A+93 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.53 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.53 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 194 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.74 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.74 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.74 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.80 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.80 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.80 responses
Schools like Eden Prairie Senior High School
- A+Wayzata High School
- Wayzata Public School District, MN
- 392 reviews
- A+Eastview Senior High School
- Rosemount-Apple Valley-Eagan Independent School District No. 196, MN
- 353 reviews
- A+Edina Senior High School
- Edina Public School District, MN
- 340 reviews
- A+Minnetonka Senior High School
- Minnetonka Public School District, MN
- 569 reviews
Eden Prairie Senior High School Reviews
I like the opportunities that Eden Prairie High School has. They have a wide variety of clubs and there is a spot for everyone. I wish that they had more opportunities for classes like more AP's and more science classes. The music department, specifically orchestra is heavily underfunded. I wish Eden Prairie prioritized more by not putting so much funding into football. All in all, I love being in the Eden Prairie District. Go Eagles!
Eden Prairie Senior High School is one of the best public highschools in the United States due to its students’ high academic achievement and superior staff. EPHS has an involved and passionate community, with plenty of parent volunteering and students involved in sports, clubs, and activities. Countless pupils strive toward excellence by taking one or many of the offered AP classes and college-level courses. The students are diverse, well-behaved, and rich in a variety of perspectives that nurture a stimulating learning environment. Additionally, the school has invested in several updated safety measures. Teachers are well-paid and particularly educated and counselors provide necessary resources for students in need of academic or personal advising. Also, the campus is expansive but beautifully decorated. A notable disadvantage is the “cliquey” nature of the student body, though this is typical of a public highschool.
I moved from a private school to Eden Prairie High School for my freshman year and I am very happy I did. I was looking for a big school, to meet new people, more opportunities, and an overall high school experience. As a senior at EPHS, I can gladly say that I have definitely enjoyed my high school experience. This school does an amazing job of representing students for academic achievements, sports, drama and plays, clubs, and many more. My favorite thing about EPHS are pepfests. These whole school celebrations make me feel so happy and proud to be a member of Eagle Nation. Nothing compares to hearing our principal, Mr. McCartan, give a heartwarming speech that makes everyone cry while you're surrounded by your peers. They really help us prepare for post-secondary options and encourage all of us to be the very best versions of ourselves. There are so many supportive resources and people at EP and I honestly would not want to go anywhere else. Once and Eagle, always and Eagle!