Ecorse Community High School is a public school located in Ecorse, MI. It has 384 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 24 to 1. According to state test scores, 5% of students are at least proficient in math and 5% in reading.
Ecorse Community High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A87 Students
- B-85 Students
- B+75 Students
- B55 Students
- B53 Students
- B52 Students
- A+52 Students
- B+44 Students
- B+36 Students
- B31 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like Ecorse Community High School
Ecorse Community High School Reviews
My school is very odd. It has its good features and then bad. The students aren’t the best behaving and the teachers aren’t as dedicated as I feel like they should be. There are a lot of good resources for students like a can program, cosmetology program, credit recovery and other exciting things. During my time there it was a lot of fighting but hopefully those problem students are gone. The school system is unorganized but everything can get better.
Ecorse High school is a smaller school than those around the Wayne area. We have all the basic classes but we miss out on learning alot . When I first started at the high school my freshman year they didn't have enough teachers we would spend most of our time doing nothing. As a senior this is the first time I have ever seen this school out an effort into the teaching of there students . We're off to a good new start with many more chances that being in place
I love my school, and everyone knows everyone. The school isn't too big so you can get all the help you ask you need, you have to ask for it. The school is improving every year, and the courses as well.