Skip to Main Content
Ecole Bilingue de Berkeley
blue checkmark
  • Private
  • BERKELEY, CA

COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:

We have reopen our Preschool, Elementary school and Middle school and all of our students are back on campus! Mask are required and weekly testing is being provided to all students, staff and faculty. Our admissions events are virtual, for the safety of our community and prospective families. Check our website for registering to an info session or connect with the admissions' department. Learn More

Report Card

grade A
Overall Niche Grade
  1. Academics
    grade A+
  2. Diversity
    grade A
  3. Teachers
    grade A

About

1009 HEINZ AVE
BERKELEY, CA 94710
About Ecole Bilingue de Berkeley...

Applying

Application Deadline
Rolling Admissions
Application Fee
$80
Interview Required
Yes
Required/Recommended Tests
None

Tuition

Yearly Tuition
$36,665
Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Received Financial Aid
42%
Average Financial Aid
$10,837
From Ecole Bilingue de Berkeley

Ecole Bilingue de Berkeley is an independent French American school dedicated to challenging, engaging, and nurturing preschool through eighth grade students. While many schools have wonderful programs, EB is a truly unique learning environment in which every aspect of our school has been specifically designed for dual-language learners. For over forty years, we have been teaching our students to confidently embrace the delights and challenges of an interconnected world by offering a curriculum designed to nurture creative and multilingual learners.

The EB community embraces both our common focus on bilingual students and the diverse range of cultural, linguistic, and experiential backgrounds of our families. EB fosters a respect for diversity that prepares our students for participation in a complex and changing world.

Upcoming Events

Why choose a bilingual education?

At Ecole Bilingue de Berkeley, students are immersed in a different language and culture starting at an early age. Thanks to a native French speaking faculty, 80% of the instruction time is conducted in French, while the remaining 20% is spent in English. Students slowly build their language skills and confidence as they advance through the preschool and into elementary.

School Details

Grades
PK, K-8
Students
413
Student-Teacher Ratio
7:1
National
17:1
Full-Time Teachers
55
Part-Time Teachers
3

Map

Search Home Listings Nearby

movoto.com®

YouTube Video

Students

Students
413
Gender
  • Female
    50%
  • Male
    50%
Student Diversity
  • White
    57.6%
  • Multiracial
    27.4%
  • African American
    6.1%
  • Asian
    2.9%
  • Hispanic
    2.9%
  • International
    2.7%
  • Native American
    0%
  • Pacific Islander
    0%
  • Unknown
    0%

Preschool

Annual Cost
$32,140
Cost is for the most complete schedule offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Starting Age
2 years
Pre-K Student-Teacher Ratio
8:1
Schedule Options
  • Offers Full Week
    Yes
  • Offers Part Week
    No data available  
  • Offers Full Day
    Yes
  • Offers Part Day
    No data available  

Living in the Area

grade A+
Overall Niche Grade
  1. Cost of Living
    grade D minus
  2. Good for Families
    grade A+
  3. Housing
    grade C minus
Median Household Income
$88,395
National
$64,994
Median Rent
$1,728
National
$1,096
Median Home Value
$939,362
National
$229,800

Ecole Bilingue de Berkeley Reviews

Rating 4.62 out of 5  13 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
All Categories
Rating 5 out of 5  
Start Your Review of Ecole Bilingue de Berkeley
Rating 5 out of 5  
Rating 5 out of 5  

Add to List