COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
The Ethical Culture Fieldston School continues to monitor the rapidly changing COVID-19 situation. We are following guidance from the New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH), the New York City Department of Health (NYCDOH), and other county-level departments of health as necessary. Learn More
- Academicsgrade A+
- Diversitygrade B minus
- Teachersgrade A+
- College Prepgrade A+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A+
- Sportsgrade C minus
The Ethical Culture Fieldston School offers a world-class progressive education in Pre-K–12th Grade at two historic campuses in Manhattan and the Bronx. The core of our educational program is the study and practice of ethics, which prepares and compels us to take care of our world, ourselves, and each other.
At ECFS, we don’t teach students what to think, what to question, or what to explore — but how to think, how to question, and how to explore. Our tenets of progressive education focus on the whole child, ensuring that education is responsive, relevant, experiential, and playful, among other traits. Click here to read more about the core tenets that guide every aspect of our curriculum.
With an enduring commitment to excellence, equity, and inclusion, we inspire a diverse and joyful community of passionate learners, critical thinkers, and ethical individuals who aim to make the world more humane and just.
ECFS - Fieldston Middle/Upper School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+98 Students
- grade A+95 Students
- grade A+88 Students
- grade A+85 Students
- grade A+83 Students
- grade A+80 Students
- grade A+76 Students
- grade A+75 Students
- grade A+72 Students
- grade A+69 Students
From the earliest Music classes in Pre-K to electives in photography, graphic communications, stagecraft, and more at Fieldston Upper, the Ethical Culture Fieldston School weaves artistic practice into our students’ education. At ECFS, arts education focuses on both individual artistry and community-building and gives students the foundation for a sustainable, fulfilling artistic practice.
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 6 responses
- Pep rally and Homecoming!33%
- Founder's Day25%
- Winter fesr17%
- Fieldston Fashion Show8%
- Pep rallies8%
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 9 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 6 responses
Living in the Area
- Cost of Livinggrade C
- Good for Familiesgrade A
- Housinggrade B minus