Eastside Junior/Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Butler, IN. It has 588 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 61% in reading.
Eastside Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-68 Students
- B+42 Students
- A37 Students
- A+36 Students
- B25 Students
- B+20 Students
- B17 Students
- B-14 Students
- NG14 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Eastside Junior/Senior High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like Eastside Junior/Senior High School
- B-Edgerton High School
- Edgerton Local School District, OH
- 34 reviews
- B-Montpelier High School
- Montpelier Exempted Village School District, OH
- 55 reviews
- B+Fairview High School
- Central Local School District, OH
- 42 reviews
- B-Hamilton Community High School
- Hamilton Community Schools, IN
- 27 reviews
Eastside Junior/Senior High School Reviews
At Eastside they helped me excel not only in academics but also in their sports program. I graduated as a valedictorian with a 3.97 GPA and earned 19 college credits while also participating in three sports. I was able to participate in the Impact Program and earn my CNA as a junior in high school. As a senior in high school, I was in the H.O.E program which allowed me to shadow different departments in the hospital and outside of the hospital, so I could learn and understand more about my future career. The only improvement or changes I think the school should make is to their English department. I feel I was prepared very well for college, but my understanding when it comes to writing and reading is very poor compared to other peers in my college courses.
Eastside Junior/Senior High School cares a lot about academics and the success and achievement of every student. When the drop out rate was at a high, our district did something about it. Immediately. They are determined to lead all students to college readiness and a higher education. The number of classes increases every year, some being added to the list of many classes that can be taken at Eastside. Our fine arts department includes a beautiful auditorium, show choir room, band room, and a dinner theater that have accentuated many musical and dramatic performances that have been held for the past thirteen years - even more than that. Our principal and new vice principal are fantastic leaders and have done everything in their power to keep this school safe (along with our resource officer). Eastside greatly appreciates all athletics included at Eastside, such as football, softball, baseball, soccer, track and field, basketball, and just recently - tennis.
What I liked about Eastside is that the teachers were always wanting the best for their students. They would help you with anything you needed and helped you pass your classes. What I did not like about Eastside is that they did not do anything about bullying. Also, you were not allowed to bring in food or drinks from restaurants which is dumb because we should be able to bring in whatever except for energy drinks.