Eastlake High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-493 Students
- A260 Students
- A+245 Students
- A198 Students
- A+190 Students
- C+133 Students
- A132 Students
- A+130 Students
- A+123 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.56 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.56 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 199 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.65 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.64 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.65 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.90 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.90 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.90 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.97 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.97 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.97 responses
Eastlake High School Reviews
Review Eastlake High School
In academics, the majority of students strive and are able to receive high grades. You are constantly surrounded by competitive students who take 3-5 AP courses despite the fact that they are rigorous. For the most part, the teachers are well prepared and qualified with their degrees, especially in the science department. They genuinely want their students to be successful and constantly challenge them with new assignments. Although they assign heavy loads of homework each night, it prepares you with the work ethic that you'll need to obtain in university. Furthermore, Eastlake High School has a phenominal program, Compact for Success, that it linked to San Diego State University. This particularly program is limited to schools that belong to the Sweetwater Union High School District. It is a spectacular opportunity because it lowers the bar for entry and acceptance, making it easier. The reason this occurs is because SDSU trusts the advanced level of education given by the district.
Eastlake High is your typical high school. What makes it unique is its students. Clubs, sports and other interest groups are scattered around the school so that every students is able to find an organization that intrigues them. Our counselors ensure the best for their students by conducting multiple one-on-one sessions and are made accessible to students throughout the school day. In addition, the school provides college presentations which consist of actual representatives from acclaimed schools such as UC Irvine, UC Riverside, and UCLA. Tutoring is also made available with teacher and students to ask for assistance. Overall, Eastlake High has a lot to offer so students may obtain a proper education and receive skills necessary for a successful future.
Eastlake is a very diverse school, complemented by the surrounding neighborhoods. My overall experiences here has been an experience of support, challenge and growth as a student. The staff pushes the students academically as well as teaching life lessons that can aid us well after high school. No teacher wants a student to fail and the drive to see their kids succeed, far exceeed the expectations of a high school teacher. Not only are the academics exceptional, but the athletics are stellar and our teams continue to compete in playoffs and bring home banners for the school. I can say that everyone at this school bleeds Green, Blue and gray!!