Eastern York High School is an above average, public school located in Wrightsville, PA. It has 707 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Eastern York High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+87 Students
- B-70 Students
- B60 Students
- A-44 Students
- A36 Students
- A-34 Students
- B32 Students
- C+31 Students
- B28 Students
- B27 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 16 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
Schools like Eastern York High School
- B+Donegal High School
- Donegal School District, PA
- 139 reviews
- B+Manheim Central Senior High School
- Manheim Central School District, PA
- 169 reviews
- BElizabethtown Area Senior High School
- Elizabethtown Area School District, PA
- 135 reviews
- BRed Lion Area Senior High School
- Red Lion Area School District, PA
- 226 reviews
Eastern York High School Reviews
At Eastern York High School there are many great things that have impacted my learning experience. Some of the best things about the school are the teachers involvement with the students' education, the students' preparedness for further education and the opportunities that are provided to help the students succeed. Some of the things that could be changed is the administrators' watch over the teachers, their lack of ability to change and fix problems and the way they handle stressful situations. Overall Eastern York is a high academic establishment and in general a good school for students to attend.
The best thing about EYHS is the community. This is because of teachers who treat the students like family and will go above and beyond to help any student who is having difficulty who is also willing to do the work. Switching schools can be a horrifying thing but the easygoing an open nature of the students made this transition a breeze and made me glad for the change. Everyone in all of my classes are all just wonderful and friendly people, the culture that the students have built is that if you are in our class we are going to accept you and be your friend. What needs to change is the principle Timothy Mitzel, repeatedly he has talked a big game about how rules and new policies need to be followed, then he just doesn't follow through. Since I have never had disciplinary actions taken against me, these big announcements that he makes are the only times I have any interaction with his authority, and when he doesn't follow through on what he says, he and authority just become a joke.
Eastern York High School is a very small school in Wrightsville. The teachers at the school are great and the academics are good. I like most how students know everyone's names. The school sometimes falls flat in some extracurricular funding, such as for the music department and sports. I would like to see the school give more funding to the music department and have a bit more diversity.