Eastern York High School is an above average, public school located in Wrightsville, PA. It has 675 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 77% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Eastern York High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+74 Students
- B-55 Students
- B49 Students
- A34 Students
- A-29 Students
- A28 Students
- B24 Students
- B22 Students
- B-22 Students
- B20 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 16 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
Schools like Eastern York High School
- A-Donegal High School
- Donegal School District, PA
- 128 reviews
- B+Manheim Central Senior High School
- Manheim Central School District, PA
- 164 reviews
- B+Elizabethtown Area Senior High School
- Elizabethtown Area School District, PA
- 130 reviews
- BRed Lion Area Senior High School
- Red Lion Area School District, PA
- 214 reviews
Eastern York High School Reviews
At Eastern York High School there are many great things that have impacted my learning experience. Some of the best things about the school are the teachers involvement with the students' education, the students' preparedness for further education and the opportunities that are provided to help the students succeed. Some of the things that could be changed is the administrators' watch over the teachers, their lack of ability to change and fix problems and the way they handle stressful situations. Overall Eastern York is a high academic establishment and in general a good school for students to attend.
The best thing about EYHS is the community. This is because of teachers who treat the students like family and will go above and beyond to help any student who is having difficulty who is also willing to do the work. Switching schools can be a horrifying thing but the easygoing an open nature of the students made this transition a breeze and made me glad for the change. Everyone in all of my classes are all just wonderful and friendly people, the culture that the students have built is that if you are in our class we are going to accept you and be your friend. What needs to change is the principle Timothy Mitzel, repeatedly he has talked a big game about how rules and new policies need to be followed, then he just doesn't follow through. Since I have never had disciplinary actions taken against me, these big announcements that he makes are the only times I have any interaction with his authority, and when he doesn't follow through on what he says, he and authority just become a joke.
My two favorite classes were calculus and physics, both had outstanding teachers who help shape my passion for science. The AP classes are highly recommended, because being in the general class felt more like a much lower level education and too slow a pace. Being a small school, Eastern doesn't have much to offer. Unfortunately their art courses continue to diminish and the school has low funding. I do like that they taught me personal finance and the metal shop was my favorite place to hang out and pick up new skills. It's a majority white school, which can unfortunately cause some conflicting diversity issues between the students. Security is minimal, however in recent years they have been taking threats very seriously. There are only two or three people in the building who can help with college searching, so that was done mostly on my own. Many of the kids who graduate from Eastern stay in the local area, but I was glad to get away.