Eastern View High School is an above average, public school located in Culpeper, VA. It has 1,335 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 80% of students are at least proficient in math and 86% in reading.
Eastern View High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A110 Students
- A+102 Students
- A-97 Students
- B+88 Students
- A+62 Students
- B52 Students
- C+47 Students
- B47 Students
- B-43 Students
- B+41 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.22 responses
Eastern View High School Reviews
As a student at Eastern View High School, I enjoy the many amenities that this school offers. Things like half-ply toilet paper (when it is available), green bananas in the cafeteria (only when they are in season), and Chromebooks with half functioning screens are a few of the benefits we enjoy here. The last week or so before summer/winter vacation is also wonderful because we are able to watch incredibly educational films for 8 hours a day, including but not limited to Legally Blonde, Mean Girls, Moana, and irrelevant yet inspirational sports films. All in all, this school has its ups and downs. More specifically my weight went up (due to the cafeteria food) and my GPA went down. 10/10 would recommend Eastern View to any incoming Freshman!
Eastern View is your average high school. Nothing really stands out except the Cyclones Care the staff pushes on you. Prettt much they push you to be a better person which is great! Some teachers are outstanding and understand it’s only high school. While other teachers treat you like you’re about graduate college and you should already know the information. Other than that the staff is really great, lunch food is good on some days and others just terrible, but that’s from a picky eater. Overall it’s a great school with great academics and sports, just wish it was bigger with more clubs to offer.
I see Eastern View High School as my second home. The faculty makes an effort to see all students succeed. My past 2 years, sophomore and freshman year, have been difficult due to personal problems but every faculty member I met with were willing to help me and accommodate to my issues. The lessons I've learned from my teachers and principles have been amazing and I'll carry them with me throughout my whole life. I feel comfortable enough with both the teachers and administration to share my personal life with them and they've done nothing but help with me everything I throw at them. Along with a great faculty, the student body is very welcoming and the school spirit is strong. I've never had an issue with a student at the school and see little to no bullying go on. If there is ever an issue of bullying, administration is quick to act on it and make the school a more positive place. I could not be more thankful that I'm lucky enough to have such an amazing school.