Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Eastern Hancock High School is an above average, public school located in Charlottesville, IN. It has 394 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Eastern Hancock High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B58 Students
- A+44 Students
- C+34 Students
- A30 Students
- A-24 Students
- B22 Students
- B+22 Students
- B-20 Students
- B18 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 9 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like Eastern Hancock High School
- B-Greenfield-Central High School
- Greenfield-Central Community Schools, IN
- 227 reviews
- B+Pendleton Heights High School
- South Madison Community School Corporation, IN
- 227 reviews
- C+Rushville Consolidated High School
- Rush County Schools, IN
- 116 reviews
- BShenandoah High School
- Shenandoah School Corporation, IN
- 36 reviews
Eastern Hancock High School Reviews
I love Eastern Hancock! It's a small school so everyone knows each other. The teachers are great, and are here teaching because they have a passion for it, not because its just a what pays the bills. It's a close knitted community, and I would recommend this school to anyone that like the homey and country feel.
Eastern Hancock was a great school to grow up in and graduate from. The families that attended there are the nicest people in the whole county. The teachers are the absolute best and care so much about the success of their students. As a matter of fact, there are teachers that I had in high school that I still keep in contact with Because I was able to build such a great relationship with them. On the other hand, it is a very rural school and because of that it lacks the exposure of other cultures and adversity in general.
I graduated almost two years ago and had a good experience. The school is small and in the country so of course diversity is not very good but the academics are very good. I think that it prepared me very well for college especially for a small school . The places where it lacks is in such things as sports and facilities which is more due to the small size of the school. The arts programs are very good for the size of school, I was a part of the high school bands and we did very well at contest in our class but in competitions that do not have classes or overall standings do not depend on class we did poorly so to me that shows that compared to other schools it is lacking.