Eastchester Senior High School is an elite, public school located in Eastchester, NY. It has 928 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 99% of students are at least proficient in math and 98% in reading.
Eastchester Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+52 Students
- A-50 Students
- A-47 Students
- B38 Students
- A+37 Students
- A-35 Students
- A34 Students
- A34 Students
- A+30 Students
- B+30 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Schools like Eastchester Senior High School
- A+Northern Valley Regional High School Demarest
- Northern Valley Regional High School District, NJ
- 162 reviews
- APleasantville High School
- Pleasantville Union Free School District, NY
- 35 reviews
- ALocust Valley High School
- Locust Valley Central School District, NY
- 124 reviews
- AClarkstown South Senior High School
- Clarkstown Central School District, NY
- 224 reviews
Eastchester Senior High School Reviews
Eastchester Senior High School was an overall good experience. Most teachers are super good and care about all of the students. However, there are a handful who are delusional and should not be employed. When I finished my first semester of college recently, I realized I was very well prepared for college by this school. The culture and sports are incredibly good for a school that some years lack competitive teams. The safety has increased alot over the past five years. I have seen security put in place, new rules on guests, and more strictness on safety precautions. The biggest negative I would say about this school is the diversity. It's a ton of white itailian/irish kids, a small group of spanish people, a small group of african american kids, and a small group of asian kids. One positive note is, there are no signs however of rascism ever coming into play as everyone is seen as equal.
Their cross country team was excellent. Every Friday before the race we had a pasta party to prepare with carbs. Good team effort and individual development. Science department had amazing teachers to prepare you for college classes. Moreover, art department was secretly a great place to learn, make friends, and to relax from studying. well supplied and full of opportunities for shows and internships.
I love how there are so many different activities for any kind of student to fit in. The teachers really engage in with their students to help them strive. The counselors are awesome, mine has helped me throughout so many difficult times. Although I like many aspects of the school, it is very clicky with friend groups and I would like to see everyone feel at the same level with eachother in the upcoming years.