East Wake Academy is an above average, public, charter school located in Zebulon, NC. It has 1,153 students in grades K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 63% in reading.
East Wake Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+69 Students
- A+63 Students
- B+45 Students
- A-42 Students
- B+34 Students
- A+30 Students
- B26 Students
- B26 Students
- B-25 Students
- B22 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 20 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
East Wake Academy Reviews
My experience at East Wake Academy has been mixed all throughout my years. I first arrived in Kindergarten, so I will have been attending the school for 13 years! Throughout middle school I experienced a whole new building being built for the middle school students, unfortunately, I was only able to be apart of that for a semester until I started my freshman year. This school is truly a college prep school and the teachers and staff truly care about you and how you are doing in your classes, which means a lot. This school has a few different ways of handling things compared to other schools, we wear uniforms and have a dress code for all students. Since I have always been apart of this rule since kindergarten, I have yet to know a difference. It makes things easier and gives everyone kids a chance to be equal. Our school is very small compared to other schools. This has made it easier to connect with others and form lifelong friendships. This school has been more than amazing for me.
What I like about East Wake Academy is the fact that it is K-12. I recently just graduated there in the spring so I was with the same people since 5th grade. That allowed us to grow up together and have a personal connection not offered in a public high school. What I did not like is there was little to none diversity. Out of the 85 graduating people in my class, only 5 of them were African American. Additionally, you used to only be allowed to get the uniforms from a specific store and my mom would spend $300 on two skirts and two shirts for my sister. There is no cafeteria so you have to bring your own lunch every day which is expensive and time-consuming.
I transferred my sophomore year and it was the best decision because it is a college prep school. My education and skills have grown so much coming this school. I love the environment of the students and staff!