Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyA+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
East Wake Academy is an above average, public, charter school located in Zebulon, NC. It has 1,186 students in grades K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 63% in reading.
East Wake Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B75 Students
- A+71 Students
- A-47 Students
- B+45 Students
- B+39 Students
- A+34 Students
- B30 Students
- B-29 Students
- B28 Students
- B26 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
East Wake Academy Reviews
My experience at East Wake Academy has been mixed all throughout my years. I first arrived in Kindergarten, so I will have been attending the school for 13 years! Throughout middle school I experienced a whole new building being built for the middle school students, unfortunately, I was only able to be apart of that for a semester until I started my freshman year. This school is truly a college prep school and the teachers and staff truly care about you and how you are doing in your classes, which means a lot. This school has a few different ways of handling things compared to other schools, we wear uniforms and have a dress code for all students. Since I have always been apart of this rule since kindergarten, I have yet to know a difference. It makes things easier and gives everyone kids a chance to be equal. Our school is very small compared to other schools. This has made it easier to connect with others and form lifelong friendships. This school has been more than amazing for me.
While attending East Wake Academy for my high school years, I experienced a shift in the environment between a public and a charter school. Positive attributes that I enjoyed included: small class size, grade prep, and close bonds with teachers. However, there were also many negatives that came along. Being an African American female in a predominately white school, I faced prejudices about my race and gender. Even though our administration tried their best, it was obvious that they were oblivious and inconsiderate about certain events. For example, the high school holding a mock Presidental Election and not disciplining the kids who harassed the ones that did not vote for Donald Trump. I was also limited to a small range of classes that were available to its students. Which resulted in some of the dissatisfaction I feel. Overall I can say that my experience was average to anyone in high school, and I am grateful to attend a school that positively shaped me into who I am today.
My experience at East Wake Academy is beyond any other experience. I had previously only ever gone to public school and moving to EWA was a big change. Ultimately, this school is amazing, the staff cares beyond just school work. There is a great team of people to support you and help you. The facility is gorgeous and it is nice that it is K-12 because if you have siblings in the younger grades you are able to all be connected.