Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C+
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C minus
- Health & Safetygrade C
- Administrationgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C
East Valley High School is a public school located in Yakima, WA. It has 882 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 64% in reading.
East Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus173 Students
- grade B minus154 Students
- grade B minus145 Students
- grade A137 Students
- grade C104 Students
- grade B+74 Students
- grade B+65 Students
- grade A minus61 Students
- grade A minus57 Students
- grade A minus46 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C
- Good for Familiesgrade B minus
- Housinggrade D
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 28 responses
- Spirit Week32%
- Football Games18%
- Basketball games!11%
- Military Ball7%
- Spirit Week4%
grade A minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade C minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$14,779 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 15 responses
Schools like East Valley High School
- grade C+Highland High School
- Highland School District, WA
- Rating 3.69 out of 5 48 reviews
- grade C+Eisenhower High School
- Yakima School District, WA
- Rating 3.77 out of 5 336 reviews
- grade BZillah High School
- Zillah School District, WA
- Rating 3.92 out of 5 77 reviews
- grade B minusSelah High School
- Selah School District, WA
- Rating 3.71 out of 5 129 reviews
East Valley High School Reviews
Rating 3.44 out of 5 71 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
EVHS is a medium to small-sized school, so you basically know all the people in your grade, it's easier to make acquaintances if that's what you're looking for. Some classes do need to encourage and allow more creativity in their curriculum. The students are normal, there is drama here and there, but I myself have not seen straight up bullying with my own eyes, nor heard of it. There is a lack of diversity, this could be the area that we are in, it is mainly white/latino and most of the races stay in their own cliques. It would be better if we could get along better, but that would take work from both sides. Overall, I have had no serious problems with my school.
My experience at East Valley has been good since I moved there during the 6th grade, it has always been enjoyable throughout the years going into high school. My senior year has been the most difficult because we are currently going through construction so that has brought complications like not having a gym to do pep assembly's. We currently don't have a library or auditorium but we have managed to try to make the year a good one despite all of the things that we have had to adjust to but the staff and students at East Valley are great and are helpful.
East valley high school is a place of learning and opportunity. The staff are very professional and caring. The learning environment is great, you can get help very easily from multiple teachers. One thing I would like to see change is the school lunch. Another change I would like to see is broader variety of elective classes and college courses. Overall East valley high school is strong and supportive school with a great community which helped me enjoy my four years of high school.