East Troy High School is a highly rated, public school located in East Troy, WI. It has 583 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
East Troy High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+63 Students
- B39 Students
- A+29 Students
- B+29 Students
- A-26 Students
- B+25 Students
- B18 Students
- B14 Students
- B14 Students
- A-11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 20 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like East Troy High School
- B+Burlington High School
- Burlington Area School District, WI
- 144 reviews
- ABadger High School
- Public School
- Lake Geneva, WI
- 198 reviews
- A-Mukwonago High School
- Mukwonago School District, WI
- 233 reviews
- B-Palmyra-Eagle High School
- Palmyra-Eagle Area School District, WI
- 16 reviews
East Troy High School Reviews
East Troy is a small, yet community-concentrated school district. Everybody knows each other, creating a stronger bond between both students and teachers. There is little to no violence or threatening activity, creating a safe environment. The education is not exception, yet nothing close to subpar. The teachers are genuinely interested in their subjects and students that they teach. Many teachers attend sporting events for our successful teams, interacting with the parents (who some of them work at the school in offices). There is a lack of diversity due to the small town, but we often have 3-4 exchange students each year. Preparation for college could be improved in the sense of preparing students to apply for scholarships and colleges, but course-wise the preparation is very similar to college classes, challenging students to push their limits and do their best. Overall it is a great school and is a good education system.
My experience at the East Troy High School was a great one. My peers were all great to each other and very accepting of everyone and the academics programs were excellent. My business education teacher was more than willing to help me find a Youth Apprenticeship for Supply Chain for a company close by that could work around my sports schedule. I was also given much advice on which classes to take for my career path and some online courses to help with college. The teachers are all welcoming and willing to help each student with whatever their needs are to the best of their abilities, and many go above and beyond that. I am a very proud East Troy High School Student and I recommend the high school to anyone who has the chance of going there.
It's just another generic small school? Majority of the teachers were students there at one point, everybody knows everybody, there are not enough people to start programs that are "outside of the box" because people in that school are close-minded and judgemental. With that being said, it does have its benefits like being able to have more of a one on one with your teachers and being able to have a leadership role in one of the clubs. It's a small farm school that has potential but chooses to stick to its routes.