Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
East Stroudsburg Senior High School South is an above average, public school located in East Stroudsburg, PA. It has 1,323 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 61% of students are at least proficient in math and 71% in reading.
East Stroudsburg Senior High School South Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+272 Students
- A+219 Students
- A-172 Students
- C+139 Students
- A137 Students
- B125 Students
- A-99 Students
- A+80 Students
- A+72 Students
- B70 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.35 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.35 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 106 responses
- Friday night football games24%
- Power puff game11%
- Pep Rally, End of the year school block party9%
- Annual Play8%
- Vocal Concerts8%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.52 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.57 responses
Schools like East Stroudsburg Senior High School South
- C+East Stroudsburg Senior High School North
- East Stroudsburg Area School District, PA
- 390 reviews
- A-Stroudsburg High School
- Stroudsburg Area School District, PA
- 500 reviews
- B-Pocono Mountain West High School
- Pocono Mountain School District, PA
- 337 reviews
- B-Pleasant Valley High School
- Pleasant Valley School District, PA
- 421 reviews
East Stroudsburg Senior High School South Reviews
I would definitely recommend joining the numerous clubs and sports to get the full experience of our school. I volunteered every year to help out with special Olympics which is hosted at our school and each year getting to see the expression on the kid's faces as they compete, eat ice cream, and take silly photos with their friends was phenomenal. I was also in Future Business leaders of America which helped me to meet new people and get out and help my community. The club was astonishing and everyone in it including the director were incredible people that wanted to help you succeed and reach states. I was a wrestler as well which helped a lot because the bond the team had was surreal everyone there had your back no matter who you were whether it be junior varsity or varsity they were there for you. I was in the National Honor Society which also helped me to go out and help my community, from organizing blood drives to volunteering at the local soup kitchen. South was incredible!
The best thing I liked about my school is how much they listen to the students. The teachers and staff are always looking for feedback from the students on how to improve our learning experience and experience in high school altogether! Some of the changes that I have seen is that we now have homeroom representatives, that meet up on occasion to discuss some of the things that the students of the school want to see happen, for example we now have a coffee shop ran by the career skill students! Some of the classrooms were modernized with couches and whit board tables to make the classroom setting more comfortable for students.
East Stroudsburg High School South was a very good institution for it being a public school. There were many clubs, sports, and activity involvement which I loved! The school spirit started off strong when I was a freshman, but it went downhill from there. I wish that there could've been more student involvement at football games and other sporting events to support our team. I also wish that the teachers were more involved with activities.