Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C+
- Diversitygrade A+
- Teachersgrade B minus
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C
- Health & Safetygrade C+
- Administrationgrade C minus
- Sportsgrade C+
- Foodgrade C minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C+
East Stroudsburg Senior High School North is a public school located in Dingmans Ferry, PA. It has 976 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 54% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
East Stroudsburg Senior High School North Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade C+244 Students
- grade A+232 Students
- grade A minus191 Students
- grade C+135 Students
- grade B120 Students
- grade A minus119 Students
- grade A102 Students
- grade A+86 Students
- grade B minus76 Students
- grade A+73 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 38 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 38 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 101 responses
- Pep rallies29%
- Football games21%
- Tail Gates8%
- Spirit Week7%
- Basketball games6%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 43 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 43 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 54 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 54 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 54 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$19,678 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 60 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 60 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 60 responses
Schools like East Stroudsburg Senior High School North
- grade B+East Stroudsburg Senior High School South
- East Stroudsburg Area School District, PA
- Rating 3.93 out of 5 338 reviews
- grade B+Pocono Mountain East High School
- Pocono Mountain School District, PA
- Rating 3.28 out of 5 418 reviews
- grade A minusStroudsburg High School
- Stroudsburg Area School District, PA
- Rating 3.69 out of 5 502 reviews
- grade B+Newton High School
- Newton Public School District, NJ
- Rating 3.76 out of 5 134 reviews
East Stroudsburg Senior High School North Reviews
Rating 3.41 out of 5 391 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
This school is definitely a school that makes you DIY everything. Your experience at North is (mostly) what you make of it. There are some excellent teachers but there are also some teachers that are...not so good and these teachers negate the excellent teachers which create a neutral experience, honestly. The block schedule is trash though, I'll say that, because I felt very restricted in what I could take. There also aren't many opportunities for extracurriculars. Preparations for college applications and college is also...not great. This school has some much room for improvement but no one ever does anything to improve it. You can tell the district favors South by miles.
East Stroudsburg High School North provided me with an subpar learning experience but a few of the faculty members were so enjoyable that I can not afford to give it a poor rating. The music programs at the school were tremendous, with large amounts of funding going into the arts such as theatre, choir, and band. The sports teams were always pretty awful with unenthusiastic coaches and team members. Every schools we competed against would annihilate us, sending us home carrying the weight of yet another embarrassing defeat. The school wasn't all bad though. There were some exceptionally passionate teachers who cared greatly about their students and challenged them. I owe a lot to those teachers that really made it their mission to educate the youth rather than sit around and collect a paycheck.
My high school experience at ESHSN was less than what I had expected. There were some great things I was lucky to experience such as the music department. It is filled with very talented, friendly kids who make the school a much better experience. As for school involvement, students were not very involved with school activities. As a student very involved with her school work, the teachers were very considerate, fair, and wanted their students to know the topics being learned. What I would like to change within the school is their advertising of school sports and activities. I feel that there are different ways to get students more excited and involved in these activities. For example, instead of just announcing clubs and sports, have students who are involved create activities to let students get an idea of what is available to them. Overall, I feel my experience was not exciting or enjoyable most of the time, but I believe that can change.