East Ridge High School is an above average, public school located in Clermont, FL. It has 2,402 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 55% of students are at least proficient in math and 55% in reading.
East Ridge High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-769 Students
- A+510 Students
- A443 Students
- A408 Students
- C282 Students
- A+261 Students
- C+260 Students
- B226 Students
- B+174 Students
- A-169 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.66 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.66 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.74 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.74 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.74 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.96 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.96 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.96 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.105 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.105 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.105 responses
East Ridge High School Reviews
Hands-on experience provide improvement for every student, the involvement of the AP teachers is very appreciated. The school is interactive, and communicative but there are a few downsides, such as some of the administrators leaving little room for disagreement and explanation. Flextime, where the students go online to sign up for a class that you need extra time in, is a time for student-teacher interaction, but it is heavily regulated to where the students no longer find Flextime useful. There are many upsides to East Ridge High School, the teachers are very organized and interactive.
I have had some of the most excellent teachers in my life at East Ridge, and I was taught a lot of useful information, both for school and for life. I was lucky enough to be a part of their excellent theatre program for four years and found many friends and confidants through it, as well as my college major. When morale is high, the student body rises to the occasion; everyone gets involved. However, East Ridge is also known for its inability to communicate. This lack of conversation leads to a lot of problems between parents, teachers, and administrators. Getting in contact with someone is nearly impossible, and communication is poor. You often get the feeling that even if you ask for something regularly, there is no way it will happen. Overall, my high school experience has been about a B-. There are things I hope will be improved upon after I leave, but I cannot be entirely sure that they will.
My name is Dwanye Maduro. I moved to Clermont, Florida from the U.S. Virgin Islands . East Ridge is a diverse school with students from all over the world. It allowed me to fit in and not feel like an outsider. I was even able to find other Virgin Islanders.I even went back to the Virgin Islands and spoke to students about my journey by a non profit organization and how it had affected my life. A few students came to East Ridge after the terrible hurricanes and stated that they attended because of hearing from me at the event. If there was one thing that I would like to see changed is the attention to other sporting activities , other than basketball and football. I hope the administration find a way to encourage better school involvement and generate more revenue/ money into other sports. The experience has helped me to grow as a person and a student. East Ridge is excellent will always be special to me.