East Peoria High School is an above average, public school located in East Peoria, IL. It has 983 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 23% of students are at least proficient in math and 25% in reading.
East Peoria High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-96 Students
- B+75 Students
- A-70 Students
- A+48 Students
- B43 Students
- B-29 Students
- B23 Students
- B+22 Students
- B-19 Students
- A18 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Schools like East Peoria High School
- BIllini Bluffs High School
- Illini Bluffs Community Unit School District No. 327, IL
- 32 reviews
- B-Pekin Community High School
- Public School
- Pekin, IL
- 203 reviews
- A-Eureka High School
- Eureka Community Unit School District No. 140, IL
- 104 reviews
- CManual Academy
- Peoria School District No. 150, IL
- 60 reviews
East Peoria High School Reviews
The teachers at EPCHS are great. They really do care about your future. I liked how many upper-level and dual credit courses there were. The morale was good, and we had a lot of good curricular activities. The sports programs, however were not the best. Not only was EPCHS in a losing record for almost every sport, but the coaching ability was not typically there. Players were usually chosen based on politics rather than actual talent or abilities. Otherwise EPCHS is a great school with some great teachers and opportunities. The academics were always on or above average.
My overall experience at East Peoria High School was great as a student. The teachers, faculty, and staff have done a great job of helping students succeed through their years of high school. There is also an organization called "Moms Who Care" that helps provide essential needs for low-income students who otherwise may not have access to personal and school supplies. One thing that could be changed would be the respect towards teachers and the overall behavior and demeanor of students. I wish more of the students would be more appreciative of being able to have an education. For there are many other students who don't have the opportunity or funds to get an education. I have truly enjoyed all of the memories made at this high that will last a lifetime
The teachers are awesome! They care so much and are so invested in getting to know the students as an individual, as well making sure each student gets the best learning experience.