East Montgomery High School is a public school located in Biscoe, NC. It has 579 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 5% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
East Montgomery High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-104 Students
- B+101 Students
- A+99 Students
- B+91 Students
- A+86 Students
- B76 Students
- B65 Students
- B+53 Students
- C+53 Students
- B-50 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 15 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
East Montgomery High School Reviews
East Montgomery's population of students is very diverse. Several students are involved in school sports, clubs, or other activities supporting and showing school spirit. Most of the staff is wonderful at supporting and guiding students to success. The only concern is that there is a new principal every year. The school has overall done an amazing job of supporting students from the low-income community and has helped them reach heights they never thought were possible!
I am currently a senior at East Montgomery High School. My experience has been great, I have good resources, such as teachers, guidance counselors, and education. though, since I have been freshmen the principles always end up changing, which I have had four different principles over the four years I have been here at East Montgomery High School. The best part of this school is the club Destination Imagination in which, compete regionally. My team place first placed my junior year, but the thing I would change would be the support of the school because we get no funds, but we always find a way to fundraise money. Personally, the diversity at East Montgomery is very mixed from Hispanic, African Americans, and Caucasians. In my opinion, I want the student's point of views to matter more to the administration because our points of view often are ignored. Nonetheless, all the other aspects, such as sports, parent involvement, safety, academics, and others are great.
East Montgomery High School is a great school to attend. Although there can be several improvements to the school, my overall experience at this school has been one to remember. I was exposed to several different cultures through out the school. I feel like our school is very diverse. Also I am interested in the theater program at school. This allows me to show a different side of myself and allow me to express myself without using words.