East Mecklenburg High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+163 Students
- A+112 Students
- A99 Students
- B+82 Students
- A-76 Students
- B+67 Students
- C+63 Students
- B+61 Students
- B-56 Students
- A+51 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.28 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.28 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 59 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.34 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.48 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.54 responses
East Mecklenburg High School Reviews
Review East Mecklenburg High School
East Mecklenburg High School was the perfect fit for me because of the diversity, dedication, and the International Baccalaureate program offered by the school. The principal is very engaged, and the students and staff always show the up most support for the arts, sciences, academics, and sports. I graduated with my International Baccalaureate diploma, and because of my critical thinking skills were properly equipped, college was a breeze for me. East Meck is definitely the proper school for your child if you are looking for a school that offers challenging academics, a welcoming community, fun and engaging extra-curricular activities, and so much more. GO EAGLES!
East Mecklenburg high school was a good experience. It was something I will never forget. As I look back on my high school experience I realize all the valuable things I learned from east Meck. Most importantly I learned how to be a better person. As a varsity basketball east Meck eagle I had a leadership role but mid way through the season I let my team down. That experience was something I will never want to experience again. It made me a better person and humbled me. I started to get to know knew people, focused a lot more on school and even got more involved around school. When going into east Meck expect a family and some strong school spirit. It's the best high school around!
I enjoyed my high school years at East Mecklenburg High School. When I attended the grade levels were 10th-12th. I was what you called "bused in" the school district, this opened up a diverse learning setting and experience for me and my siblings. It was a great experience that allowed me to build friendships that have lasted for over thirty years. There is a community of my graduating class on Facebook that I still keep in touch with. From my experience, I would not change a thing but for today's youth, the only thing I would change is integrating 9th graders to high school. I think they would have a much better first year experience (mature wise) if they were a little older.