Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade A
- College Prepgrade A minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A minus
- Health & Safetygrade A minus
- Administrationgrade B+
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
East Meadow High School is a highly rated, public school located in East Meadow, NY. It has 1,446 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 99% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
East Meadow High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus229 Students
- grade B+165 Students
- grade A minus164 Students
- grade B164 Students
- grade A+155 Students
- grade B126 Students
- grade A+100 Students
- grade B90 Students
- grade C87 Students
- grade A+83 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C minus
- Good for Familiesgrade A+
- Housinggrade C+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade A minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 27 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 27 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 96 responses
- Battle of the Classes15%
- Trip to Disney World with the marching band14%
- Trips to foreign countries11%
- The annual Thanksgiving dinner for senior citizens10%
- Senior Banquet9%
- Columbus day parade8%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 31 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 40 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade A minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$26,552 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 41 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 41 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 41 responses
Schools like East Meadow High School
- grade AW. Tresper Clarke High School
- East Meadow Union Free School District, NY
- Rating 3.69 out of 5 124 reviews
- grade AFarmingdale Senior High School
- Farmingdale Union Free School District, NY
- Rating 4.02 out of 5 249 reviews
- grade ADivision Avenue Senior High School
- Levittown Union Free School District, NY
- Rating 3.8 out of 5 241 reviews
- grade A minusFloral Park Memorial High School
- Sewanhaka Central High School District, NY
- Rating 3.95 out of 5 187 reviews
East Meadow High School Reviews
Rating 3.82 out of 5 261 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I graduated from East Meadow High School in 2014. I had a good experience, teachers care about you and work hard to get you to work well. My sister is currently a freshman in East Meadow HS. Coronavirus has effect our area and East Meadow school district is using using online to continue the rest of the school year. They are doing a good job!
East Meadow High School is a very excellent school when it comes to dedicated and well-educated teachers that know what they are doing and on top of that enjoy what they do. There is an apparent division when it comes to students interacting with people outside of their cliques like in any other school. As a student that has moved around Long Island quite a lot, this was the biggest thing I observed. I do think that clubs within the school have a large part in creating bonds and making students feel like they are welcome. I also think that a better job can be done in educating the students on the college process. I found myself a little lost with senior year approaching, maybe due to the virus. I was able to reach out to my guidance counselor who helped me a lot. I worry for the kids that may not know the ins and outs of the college process. It would be amazing if more resources were available when it comes to college. Overall my experience at East Meadow was beyond valuable.
My experience at East Meadow High School was pretty good. What I really liked about this school was the amount of clubs they had available for students to join. Whether it be community service or a debate team, the possibilities were endless. Majority of the teachers that I have encountered at East Meadow High School has had a positive impact on my life. A lot of the teachers here not only build on your education, but also develop a personal connection with you. They push you to be the best version of yourself. I had the great pleasure of being apart of the marching band. Through many competitions and multiple trips, including Disney World, it is clear that we were more of a family than just peers. Our sports teams are also astonishing. We have had some great championship wins over the year, and will continue too in the future. Although, with the remote learning, the teacher have been piling on work and have not put time into actually teaching the lessons.