East Meadow High School is a highly rated, public school located in East Meadow, NY. It has 1,530 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 99% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
East Meadow High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-153 Students
- A-124 Students
- B+117 Students
- B+112 Students
- A+111 Students
- B97 Students
- A+72 Students
- C+68 Students
- B62 Students
- C58 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 87 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.35 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.36 responses
Schools like East Meadow High School
- AW. Tresper Clarke High School
- East Meadow Union Free School District, NY
- 104 reviews
- AFarmingdale Senior High School
- Farmingdale Union Free School District, NY
- 222 reviews
- ADivision Avenue Senior High School
- Levittown Union Free School District, NY
- 220 reviews
- AFloral Park Memorial High School
- Sewanhaka Central High School District, NY
- 169 reviews
East Meadow High School Reviews
Some teachers really care about you as an individual and for your future, but most guidance counselors don't actually help at all. Most teachers are understanding and prepared to teach every day. They're organized and clearly have everything organized for the students. For the most part, the students are welcoming and friendly, but this year, we've had problems with vaping in the bathrooms. In addition, there are no air conditioners in some classrooms, which makes it extremely difficult to learn in the summer when you're sweating buckets and overheating.
I love East Meadow High School! Most of the teachers are great and I really feel prepared for high school. Some improvements that the school needs are mainly superficial, like better heating/air conditioning, fixing leaky roofs, getting better classroom technology (the class laptops are pretty bad and the iPads are not much better).
I went to east meadow high school for four years. My experience there was overall positive. The atmosphere is welcoming and the people there are very kind and caring. There are also many opportunities there as well, like sports, clubs and honor societies. There is always something to do! And when at times I struggled in a certain subject, there was always someone there to help. There is nothing that I would change about east meadow high school except for maybe moving the prison that is right across from it!