East Lyme Middle School is a highly rated, public school located in Niantic, CT. It has 832 students in grades 5-8 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 73% in reading.
East Lyme Middle School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Schools like East Lyme Middle School
- AEast Lyme High School
- East Lyme School District, CT
- 326 reviews
- B+Montville High School
- Montville School District, CT
- 131 reviews
- B+Bacon Academy
- Colchester School District, CT
- 185 reviews
- B-Nathan Hale-Ray High School
- East Haddam School District, CT
- 108 reviews
East Lyme Middle School Reviews
The Kiva system (grouping about 80 students in a large space containing four classrooms, a common area, restrooms and lockers) is great for the younger students since this school has grades 5-8. By 8th grade, the students are more than ready to move on to high school. The principal has retired and the new principal who had been an assistant principal is promising. Previously, the principal did not support the sports at the middle school and not many were offered. Hopefully that is something that will change. This school uses PBIS which rewards students for behaviors that should be expected, and the students know that. Many after school clubs and students are able to create new clubs if they find a teacher to sponsor them. Not many socials/dances like other area middle schools. Good school overall.
Don't think the school prepares the children for High School. The Middle school does not give enough homework and when the kids get to High School they are overwhelmed!
I was always miserable or stressed. We have a extremely inconsistent work load, the school doesnt care about sexual assault or bullying, it’s all just really pathetic to be completely honest.