Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
East Lyme High School is a highly rated, public school located in East Lyme, CT. It has 1,002 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 74% in reading.
East Lyme High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A323 Students
- B109 Students
- A+105 Students
- B104 Students
- B88 Students
- A87 Students
- B-84 Students
- B-81 Students
- A+57 Students
- B+50 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.27 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.27 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.41 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.47 responses
Schools like East Lyme High School
- A-East Lyme Middle School
- East Lyme School District, CT
- 8 reviews
- A-Valley Regional High School
- Regional School District No. 4, CT
- 120 reviews
- B+Westbrook High School
- Westbrook School District, CT
- 56 reviews
- ALyme-Old Lyme High School
- Regional School District No. 18, CT
- 52 reviews
East Lyme High School Reviews
I loved being at East Lyme High School, the teachers were amazing, the school in general was amazing. In High School, I played Varsity basketball, cheerleading, and golf. The sports at East Lyme High School are incredible! Lots of fans support the sports, students, teachers, and parents. Throughout High School, I did somewhat struggle because there wasn't much diversity, I was able to manage my way through the year, and have met some other diverse friends along the way. There is not a lot I would change regarding the school other than the diversity of East Lyme.
East Lyme High School is recognized as a Blue Ribbon school by the Connecticut Department of Education, and it is easy to see why. The student body at this high school earns about 14% higher scores than the Connecticut average in math testing and 16% above state average in reading and writing testing. Not only this, but the continued effort by staff in all departments to create a safe, enjoyable, and engaging learning environment for students is evident more and more every class. This establishment exhibits a great amount of pride in itself and the capabilities of its student body, and the results are consistently clear.
East Lyme High School overall has been an amazing experience. The teachers/staff are all very focused on the success of their students. They dedicate hours of their time to ease students minds about college or anything that may be stressing the students out. Not only is the staff this way but the students as well. If you ever need help with something, such as finding a classroom or finding a teacher, the students have you covered and will help you find what you are looking for. Everyone in the school is always so open to helping no matter the issue. Everyone is so friendly and welcomes everyone with open hands.