East Lyme High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-168 Students
- B57 Students
- B+48 Students
- B-46 Students
- A+43 Students
- B42 Students
- A36 Students
- A+33 Students
- B-31 Students
- B30 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.36 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.42 responses
Schools like East Lyme High School
- NGEast Lyme Middle School
- East Lyme School District, CT
- 3 reviews
- AValley Regional High School
- Regional School District No. 4, CT
- 93 reviews
- A-Westbrook High School
- Westbrook School District, CT
- 51 reviews
- ALyme-Old Lyme High School
- Regional School District No. 18, CT
- 38 reviews
East Lyme High School Reviews
There is a wide variety of different club/organization options. There are the standard athletic organizations, like marching band, which I was in, football, soccer, tennis, swimming, etc. There are also many "for fun" organizations like art club, anime club, and movie club. There are a bunch of community service clubs, based on what you support. Some are restricted, like spanish/latin/french/national honors societies. Most of them are free to join though, like Chikembuso, Habitat for Humanity, and Key Club. There are a few, I guess the could be called "self help" groups, or support groups. Gay-Straight-Alliance exists in the school, but it's not been making a whole lot of ground in terms of acceptance. Tolerance is pretty good though, for the most part. Some clubs like best buddies pair people to less fortunate or disabled so the students can help each other. Some of the classes also support this idea.
The greatest privilege I had in attending East Lyme High School in my four years was the many close, supportive, and positive relationships with many of my teachers. I felt this encouragement and trust has helped me to achieve more as a student both academically and socially. The most important part of the high school experience is to prepare students to be positive forces in the world and to live purposeful lives. East Lyme High School has given me the opportunity to learn new things for myself through music classes, team sports, service clubs, and countless elective courses that I found interesting. I am proud to be a part of my school.
Well since I moved to this school freshman year from a terrible middle school it didn't feel as bad. The community of this school sucks however, being as I joined sports and clubs, the best one being the drama club. The education is good and well known. The staff generally is nice but there are some few that can be bitter. The gym is great with the equipment and all, however very outdated. The worst problem is the cafeteria. The food is terrible and the seating situation is not even worth mentioning. Freshman generally sit on the floor in the gym or auditorium hallway. The library is alright but generally is not used for books. The computer policy is stupid with the no YouTube and only can use the computers in the central area. The college and career and computer room is generally off limits. The library is for people to go and socialize because the cafe is too loud and obnoxious.