Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
East Longmeadow High School is an above average, public school located in East Longmeadow, MA. It has 826 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 84% of students are at least proficient in math and 98% in reading.
East Longmeadow High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A152 Students
- A+81 Students
- B-66 Students
- A60 Students
- A+59 Students
- B56 Students
- C+56 Students
- A+51 Students
- B40 Students
- B+39 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Schools like East Longmeadow High School
- A-Granby Memorial High School
- Granby School District, CT
- 128 reviews
- C+Southwick Regional School
- Southwick-Tolland-Granville Regional School District, MA
- 140 reviews
- B+South Hadley High School
- South Hadley Public Schools, MA
- 75 reviews
- B+Belchertown High School
- Belchertown Public Schools, MA
- 184 reviews
East Longmeadow High School Reviews
I wish East Longmeadow High School had more diversity, cultural appreciation, and a more accepting environment. It genuinely felt uncomfortable most days. As a senior, administration took forward a way to help kids find safe spaces and teachers they can confide it, but it felt forced. Students often were alone to figure out their future and how to handle certain situations proper guidance and care. Students of different ethnic backgrounds and religions were ignored and were often unable to express their selves comfortably. Athletes were given special treatment, and artists were barely appreciated with little options for classes and clubs. Safety was a constant issue and concern in our district. It felt like parents and admins were constantly clashing and admins were muting parental opinions. Our building is falling apart, and we have no funding for a new one. If little things changed, ELHS would be a great place to learn and grow, but it feels more like a place to just go to school.
East Longmeadow High School definitely gave me the resources I need to help me graduate. The teachers were very helpful and were always supportive. Whenever there was a fight going on through the hallways, they always took good care of the situation. When it can to spreading rumors and being bullied, I think the teachers should listen more to the students, because when I was there, there a lot of rumors going around about me and it got to the point where I didn't want to go much longer. Thank god I was towards the end of my school year there and was ready to graduate.
Teachers are very knowledgeable in their course of study, but the school itself is lacking. Strong school spirit with events like the annual Spartanum and lots of student organizations for students to get involved in.