East Liverpool High School is a public school located in East Liverpool, OH. It has 570 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
East Liverpool High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-78 Students
- B63 Students
- A+53 Students
- C-40 Students
- A-36 Students
- B-30 Students
- A-23 Students
- B22 Students
- A-18 Students
- D+14 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 13 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like East Liverpool High School
- B-Weir High School
- Hancock County Schools, WV
- 60 reviews
- C+New Brighton Area High School
- New Brighton Area School District, PA
- 75 reviews
- B-East Palestine High School
- East Palestine City School District, OH
- 34 reviews
- CBeaver Local High School
- Beaver Local School District, OH
- 79 reviews
East Liverpool High School Reviews
I loved their academics and their great music education. They just got known for their great music program. Very great school but one thing that definitely needs to change is their food. Their food is very poor quality and needs serious support of improvements. Besides the food, everything else seems to be in check. They have good athletic programs and again, great academics. We even have a Career Tech Department and barely any school around has their own. East Liverpool, I believe is a very great school and I'm blessed to be a potter.
Most students join Outdoor Adventure Club, which plans trips throughout the year (Fright Night at Kennywood, Oglebay Park, Seven Springs Ski Trip, Cedar Point at the end of the year, etc.) The band went through a rough spot a few years ago, but thanks to a change in teaching (God bless Mrs. Cornfield), the band has been thriving and reaching new heights. The musicals have been the highlight of my experience because they are a lot of fun and very rewarding once you finally put the production onstage for an audience. Choir is a lot of fun, and for those who enjoy more challenging pieces, Renaissance Singers is a fantastic option. Interestingly, Mr. Bartlett of the mathematics department heads the Martial Arts Club and (newly founded) Debate Club. Interesting combination. There are a few other clubs in the school worth checking out.
Teachers and staff don't seem to care about student ideas and when given, they promise to carry them out and then drop the idea soon after. The justice in the school is just terrible. The bullies are favored over the children that do well. You can't rely on teachers or staff to help you because they are unreliable. Teachers work together to bully children and get their way. Because of the lack of justice, bullies increase more and more every year. This dumbs down the population of East Liverpool High School. People at the school are rarely happy. Teachers say they will help, but then dismiss you and do nothing about it. This is an increasing problem. Teachers and staff are getting lazier by the minute. This causes an increasing number of problems and angers student. Fights increase more and more every year and teachers and staff do nothing about it. They don't seem to care, as long as they don't have to do nothing and get paid, they are happy. One teacher I had constantly gave my grade to other students because she couldn't see where she was writing the grade. They don't care about the way you learn, all they care about is if they teach the way they want. They act as dictators and make you do what they want. If you don't they will punish you in some way and even if it's a dumb reason, the staff will favor the teachers decision.