East Lansing High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+265 Students
- A+166 Students
- C+59 Students
- B+57 Students
- B+50 Students
- B+47 Students
- A+35 Students
- A-32 Students
- B31 Students
- B30 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 66 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.28 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.33 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.39 responses
Schools like East Lansing High School
- A+Okemos High School
- Okemos Public Schools, MI
- 162 reviews
- AHaslett High School
- Haslett Public Schools, MI
- 191 reviews
- B+Williamston High School
- Williamston Community Schools, MI
- 139 reviews
- B+Grand Ledge High School
- Grand Ledge Public Schools, MI
- 351 reviews
East Lansing High School Reviews
Review East Lansing High School
The majority of the teachers in attendance at East Lansing High school are passionate about the subject which they are teaching and are willing to work with struggling students during lunches and after school to ensure that they understand the material. However, a handful of teachers are not so hard working and make classes more difficult than is necessary. Both the athletic programs as well as clubs and organizations are plentiful and mostly well organized. The building itself is clean and well-kept.
I really enjoyed the 10 years that I attended the East Lansing Public School District. I attended Donley Elementary, then Whitehills Elementary, then MacDonald Middle School, then East Lansing High School. Overall ELPS is an accepting place and we have some of the best teachers around. The schools could be more involved and interconnected with one another, but I never felt left out of any community events. I think ELHS prepared me well for college and gave me plenty of opportunities to grow as a person and student and I wouldn't change my school experiences for anything. I can't imagine my life without attending the East Lansing Public School system and I have plenty of positive things to say about it.
East Lansing High School is an academically strong learning environment with some stellar classes. ELHS offers an incredible variety of AP classes, and more than adequately prepares students for college or university. The friendly environment is very welcoming, and the student body is quite diverse.