East Kentwood High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+346 Students
- A+289 Students
- C+232 Students
- B+228 Students
- B185 Students
- A+165 Students
- B+139 Students
- C+105 Students
- B-65 Students
- A65 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.39 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.39 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.51 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.72 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.78 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.78 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.78 responses
Schools like East Kentwood High School
- NGCrossroads Alternative High School
- Kentwood Public Schools, MI
- 1 review
- B-Wyoming High School
- Wyoming Public Schools, MI
- 66 reviews
- ANorthview High School
- Northview Public Schools, MI
- 168 reviews
- A-Grandville High School
- Grandville Public Schools, MI
- 294 reviews
East Kentwood High School Reviews
I believe that East Kentwood High School is the greatest high school to attend. This school does NOT receive as much attention and credit as it should, for all of the great accomplishments it has achieved. East Kentwood has almost any opportunity you can think of. It ranges from good opportunities with academics, to sports and even building relationships. This school is extremely diverse and a great/safe atmosphere. It isn't a place where others judge you or attempt to put you down (this includes staff and students). However instead, everyone works together to better one another and help each other strive and be the best that they can be!
East Kentwood High School is an amazing school filled with love, acceptance and diversity. We have students from over 66 different countries. As soon as you walk into the doors of East Kentwood you feel welcomed. You'll see people who look just like you in the teaching positions. East kentwood is not just another high school that goes over basic curriculum, they prepare you to transition into an adult. They offer classes that go over Mortgage, Loans, Taxes, Resumes , Child care, Healthy Relationships, Job Interviews, Public speaking, Current events, College and Drivers education. Their main goal is to help you become successful and to reach your full potential. I enjoyed being a student there. I found so many different activities to get involved in and ways to be apart of the community and make a difference. It feels weird calling it a school because honestly, it became My home.
This is my second year at EK. So far I really like it. The school is very diverse and has lots of culture. The teachers, security, and other administrators are pretty good people for the most part too. The school offers looks of different extra circular activities, from sports to different clubs. My favorite part about the school is how the staff don't hound you or aren't always on your case about everything, like how some other schools are. I also like how there is always a trusted staff member I can go to to talk about anything, no matter how big or small the issue is, there is always someone there to listen and give you advice. It's just a great school and environment all around.