East Kentwood High School is a highly rated, public school located in Grand Rapids, MI. It has 1,883 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 36% of students are at least proficient in math and 55% in reading.
6230 Kalamazoo Ave SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49508
East Kentwood High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+390 Students
- A+340 Students
- B+265 Students
- C+259 Students
- B222 Students
- A+202 Students
- B+166 Students
- C+119 Students
- A86 Students
- B-70 Students
Living in the Area
- Crime & SafetyNG
- Cost of LivingB+
- Good for FamiliesA
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.41 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.41 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.74 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.74 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.74 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.80 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.80 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.80 responses
Schools like East Kentwood High School
- NGCrossroads Alternative High School
- Kentwood Public Schools, MI
- 1 review
- B-Wyoming High School
- Wyoming Public Schools, MI
- 77 reviews
- ANorthview High School
- Northview Public Schools, MI
- 170 reviews
- A-Grandville High School
- Grandville Public Schools, MI
- 309 reviews
East Kentwood High School Reviews
I believe that East Kentwood High School is the greatest high school to attend. This school does NOT receive as much attention and credit as it should, for all of the great accomplishments it has achieved. East Kentwood has almost any opportunity you can think of. It ranges from good opportunities with academics, to sports and even building relationships. This school is extremely diverse and a great/safe atmosphere. It isn't a place where others judge you or attempt to put you down (this includes staff and students). However instead, everyone works together to better one another and help each other strive and be the best that they can be!
I had a great experience at East Kentwood High School, however I am also aware that that is not the case for everyone at the school. East Kentwood's benefits come mostly from its vast resources. From the ice arena to the multitude of AP courses, there seems to be a little something for everyone in the school's incredibly diverse population. That being said, the available resources aren't always properly employed and like all schools not every teacher is up to par. I found that often times athletes were shown special attention and privilege due to EK being an athletic school. I also found that the school's huge population made it easy for some students to slip through the cracks and not get the attention that they probably need. While my experience at East Kentwood featured many terrific teachers, I also had my share of teachers that were downright failing their students.
I loved the diversity and opportunity I had at this highschool. The environment was filled with different ethnicity in both student and teacher! The atmosphere was both inclusive and supportive. I loved the range of sports offered throughout my years there! I did both swim and waterpolo and the coaches were amazing! I seriously wouldn’t pick any other school for my kids or friends children to attend. It was an all around awesome experience for me!