East Kentwood High School is a highly rated, public school located in Grand Rapids, MI. It has 1,936 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 46% in reading.
6230 Kalamazoo Ave SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49508
East Kentwood High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+369 Students
- A+321 Students
- B+253 Students
- C+250 Students
- B206 Students
- A+187 Students
- B+156 Students
- C+115 Students
- A77 Students
- B-69 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.40 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.40 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.52 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.73 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.73 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.73 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.79 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.79 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.79 responses
Schools like East Kentwood High School
- NGCrossroads Alternative High School
- Kentwood Public Schools, MI
- 1 review
- B-Wyoming High School
- Wyoming Public Schools, MI
- 72 reviews
- ANorthview High School
- Northview Public Schools, MI
- 170 reviews
- A-Grandville High School
- Grandville Public Schools, MI
- 303 reviews
East Kentwood High School Reviews
I believe that East Kentwood High School is the greatest high school to attend. This school does NOT receive as much attention and credit as it should, for all of the great accomplishments it has achieved. East Kentwood has almost any opportunity you can think of. It ranges from good opportunities with academics, to sports and even building relationships. This school is extremely diverse and a great/safe atmosphere. It isn't a place where others judge you or attempt to put you down (this includes staff and students). However instead, everyone works together to better one another and help each other strive and be the best that they can be!
I loved the diversity and opportunity I had at this highschool. The environment was filled with different ethnicity in both student and teacher! The atmosphere was both inclusive and supportive. I loved the range of sports offered throughout my years there! I did both swim and waterpolo and the coaches were amazing! I seriously wouldn’t pick any other school for my kids or friends children to attend. It was an all around awesome experience for me!
East Kentwood High School is an amazing school filled with love, acceptance and diversity. We have students from over 66 different countries. As soon as you walk into the doors of East Kentwood you feel welcomed. You'll see people who look just like you in the teaching positions. East kentwood is not just another high school that goes over basic curriculum, they prepare you to transition into an adult. They offer classes that go over Mortgage, Loans, Taxes, Resumes , Child care, Healthy Relationships, Job Interviews, Public speaking, Current events, College and Drivers education. Their main goal is to help you become successful and to reach your full potential. I enjoyed being a student there. I found so many different activities to get involved in and ways to be apart of the community and make a difference. It feels weird calling it a school because honestly, it became My home.