East Kentwood High School is a highly rated, public school located in Grand Rapids, MI. It has 1,945 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 36% of students are at least proficient in math and 54% in reading.
6230 Kalamazoo Ave SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49508
Work Here? Claim Your School
East Kentwood High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+462 Students
- A396 Students
- B+316 Students
- C+296 Students
- B277 Students
- A+264 Students
- B201 Students
- C+137 Students
- A-115 Students
- B-92 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.43 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.43 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.76 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.76 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.76 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.82 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.82 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.82 responses
Schools like East Kentwood High School
- NGCrossroads Alternative High School
- Kentwood Public Schools, MI
- 1 review
- B-Wyoming High School
- Wyoming Public Schools, MI
- 93 reviews
- A-Northview High School
- Northview Public Schools, MI
- 178 reviews
- AGrandville High School
- Grandville Public Schools, MI
- 321 reviews
East Kentwood High School Reviews
East Kentwood is the best place to go to school! The diversity is unmatched by other surrounding schools. EK prepares you for the real world by encouraging students to be leaders and by providing students with the necessary tools to be successful wherever their future may take them. The staff truly care about the students and actively make an effort to connect with students and build personal relationships. I feel that EK has prepared me to be a successful college student, and has taught me lessons that will extend far beyond my years in school.
I love the teachers, the students, the diversity, everything about it. All four years of kentwood I have felt super welcome which was great because I was nervous going there at first because I didn't grow up in kentwood public schools. I didn't know what to expect because I hadn't heard the greatest things about kentwood but I ended up LOVING IT! You can meet new people every single day and they have so many different sports, clubs, and activities you can join. The teachers are amazing (especially the AP Teachers I've had) and the track and field program is also super great! There's definitely a stereotype about Kentwood but I STRONGLY disagree with that stereotype.
I’ve been going to this school for almost 4 years now, and it has been the best possible place for my high school experience! We are the most diverse school in the state, as well as the seventh most diverse school in the nation. We have great staff and faculty who care about the students, and we excel in academics and sports.