Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
East Juniata Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in McAlisterville, PA. It has 497 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 38% of students are at least proficient in math and 64% in reading.
East Juniata Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B33 Students
- A+33 Students
- A20 Students
- B19 Students
- C+18 Students
- C+16 Students
- C+16 Students
- B15 Students
- B-13 Students
- A-11 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like East Juniata Junior/Senior High School
- C+Juniata Senior High School
- Juniata County School District, PA
- 57 reviews
- B-Midd-West High School
- Midd-West School District, PA
- 119 reviews
- B-Mifflin County High School
- Mifflin County School District, PA
- 65 reviews
- C+West Perry Senior High School
- West Perry School District, PA
- 197 reviews
East Juniata Junior/Senior High School Reviews
I went there from 7th grade to 12th grade. I have had some amazing teachers. Mr. Shoop and Mrs. Lightner were my favorites; they both care so genuinely about their students. I have also had some teachers who have taught me nothing, specifically one teacher, but I will not name the person. I have never had the school's food, but it looks terrible. I have almost gagged just looking at some of the stuff, so I would not recommend it. The school is very small, so most likely you will not get lost. Most of the people there are really kind so if you ever need help just ask and they will gladly help you. If you ever need advising go to Mrs. Sperlich, she is one of the kindest most compassionate people I have ever met. Mr. Benner is a great teacher for Speech, take that class. He still emails me to see how I'm doing. Overall East Juniata High School is a pretty good school, so don't knock it until you try it, once you're there you might love it.
I enjoyed going to East Juniata for high school and while there weren't necessarily many extra opportunities academically, there were plenty of sports and extracurricular activites available. I thoroughly enjoyed the extracurriculars that I participated in and thought that they made for a great high school experience.
I liked the size and cycle of classes. I would like there to be more options for curriculum; aka more classes in the arts. Most classes are purely STEM. I would like to see more support for extracurricular outside of sports. There is a lot of support for our sport teams, but not for theater and music.