East Juniata Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in McAlisterville, PA. It has 514 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 41% of students are at least proficient in math and 66% in reading.
East Juniata Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+30 Students
- B28 Students
- A20 Students
- C+16 Students
- B+15 Students
- C+15 Students
- C+14 Students
- A-11 Students
- C+10 Students
- B10 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 25 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Schools like East Juniata Junior/Senior High School
- B-Juniata Senior High School
- Juniata County School District, PA
- 56 reviews
- C+Midd-West High School
- Midd-West School District, PA
- 114 reviews
- B-Mifflin County High School
- Mifflin County School District, PA
- 59 reviews
- CWest Perry Senior High School
- West Perry School District, PA
- 195 reviews
East Juniata Junior/Senior High School Reviews
I enjoyed going to East Juniata for high school and while there weren't necessarily many extra opportunities academically, there were plenty of sports and extracurricular activites available. I thoroughly enjoyed the extracurriculars that I participated in and thought that they made for a great high school experience.
My experience at East Juniata Junior/ Senior High School has been pretty good. My favorite part of the school is their music program. We have a really talented group of students in the band and chorus. It helps that we have a really good band/chorus director who puts a lot of time and effort into the program. Our program consists of concert band, jazz band, combo, marching band, and chorus. My least favorite part of the school is the food and our cafeteria. Overall, the school does a good job for being such a small school when it comes to academics.
The teachers usually teach lessons to make the kids interested. A lot of teachers have practical real-world examples that make understanding certain topics easier and fun! All of the teachers are friendly and will say hello when you walk past them, will congratulate you on accomplishments that you have. The teachers know most of the kids and are always willing to help. They let you know exactly what they expect from assignments and are encouraging if you are willing to put in appropriate amount of work!