East Jackson High School is a public school located in Jackson, MI. It has 287 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
East Jackson High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C-48 Students
- A40 Students
- B-35 Students
- B+35 Students
- B28 Students
- A+24 Students
- B+22 Students
- B20 Students
- B16 Students
- B+14 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 14 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review East Jackson High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like East Jackson High School
- CVandercook Lake High School
- Vandercook Lake Public Schools, MI
- 42 reviews
- B-Napoleon High School
- Napoleon Community Schools, MI
- 85 reviews
- C+Concord High School
- Concord Community Schools, MI
- 56 reviews
- B-Michigan Center Junior/Senior High School
- Michigan Center School District, MI
- 94 reviews
East Jackson High School Reviews
East Jackson has a very tight knit community. Since Middle School I've been taught to be part of the community. Everyone generally gets along with one another, there are very few fights, and everyone knows everyone else. Learning is easy, and it's easy to get help. Some things the school does are unfair, for example issues with taking online classes and GPA, or not having classes that are advanced enough for some students.
A few of the teachers are very good and dedicated to their jobs, and some are not very invested. Unfortunately, many of them are retiring or getting ready to retire. The student body seems to become more disrespectful every year.
East Jackson High School is an interesting one. Everyone complains about how it operates, but no one does anything to change it. I've done card drives for the Meals On Wheels program, hoping to spark something but no one participated. I ended up making 200+ cards. School elections are based on popularity and the people are quite close minded. However, I have met some of my favorite teachers at this school, and they have inspired me.