Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
East Islip High School is a highly rated, public school located in Islip Terrace, NY. It has 1,205 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 97% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
East Islip High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-146 Students
- A-126 Students
- A+96 Students
- C92 Students
- B76 Students
- B-74 Students
- B74 Students
- B+65 Students
- A+63 Students
- B63 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.28 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.28 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 61 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.43 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.40 responses
Schools like East Islip High School
- B+Newfield High School
- Middle Country Central School District, NY
- 255 reviews
- B+Miller Place High School
- Miller Place Union Free School District, NY
- 168 reviews
- ABayport-Blue Point High School
- Bayport-Blue Point Union Free School District, NY
- 99 reviews
- A-Seaford Senior High School
- Seaford Union Free School District, NY
- 76 reviews
East Islip High School Reviews
Multiple years while I attended I remember my parents having to vote on increased budgets just to play sports. Budgets increase would fail and we would have to raise money ourselves just to participate in sports programs for that SEASON. Lots of drugs go through the school. Sports programs are pretty good. In my 4 years I can count on one hand how many teachers actually cared about my education. Most push through the agenda to say they did it. Students are favored if they’re a sports star. Average kids with no athletics get little to no attention. Most people I know did not feel prepared for the SAT. Those who did well academically and athletically DID get into great colleges!
My school values the safety of their students. They have safety policies and “chip in” machines to ensure that no one will break into our school. I loved going to school at East Islip because everyone was able to embrace themselves without any restrictions. The teachers were kind, supportive and always put your comfort first. I miss school very much, and I am very saddened to hear that we might not be able to have the rest of our senior year due to the pandemic. It frightens me to think that we may not get our last prom, music banquet, spring concert, a capella performance, field trips, or even graduation. I would give anything to go back.
I personally feel that East Islip High School is a great school because it provided me with a lot of options. The AP classes that were available to me as well as many other extracurricular classes allowed me to decide my strengths and weaknesses, as well as what subjects I do and do not enjoy. I also appreciate that the school is inclusive of all different students. While sports are heavily praised, the music department is equally massive and important. Events such as the school musical and the school concerts are held with great importance because the school values music education. The time I have spent in honors symphony, chamber orchestra club, honors choir, tri-M, and the school musicals have had a major positive impact on my life. This experience would not have been possible at many other schools. I also got the chance to be part of the varsity cross country and track teams for some time. I gained a great deal of knowledge about discipline, strength, and teamwork through this.