East High School is a highly rated, public school located in Wauwatosa, WI. It has 1,088 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 54% of students are at least proficient in math and 61% in reading.
East High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+163 Students
- B122 Students
- A+91 Students
- A-79 Students
- A-47 Students
- A-32 Students
- B+29 Students
- A+28 Students
- A-27 Students
- A+26 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 44 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.24 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.24 responses
Schools like East High School
- AWest High School
- Wauwatosa School District, WI
- 148 reviews
- AMenomonee Falls High School
- Menomonee Falls School District, WI
- 240 reviews
- AHamilton High School
- Hamilton School District, WI
- 208 reviews
- AGermantown High School
- Germantown School District, WI
- 229 reviews
East High School Reviews
We love East! Great school, great staff, great extracurriculars. Focus on all students. Opportunities to grow.
I really liked my teachers but a lot have left. The athletics are good but we don't have as many resources as other schools in the area. I have heard that Tosa East is going downhill. Did not prepare me well for college. However, I LOVE the art program and Fred as the teacher ensures that it will continue to be amazing.
I've loved my time at East thus far! I've made fantastic friends, as well as many fantastic memories. I've had an academic track that was well suited for me, and found many extracurriculars to participate in. I think it is the perfect example of a school that is what you make it, so whatever type of student you are (or your child is), that is something to consider. My only personal complaints would be these: 1) That the focus of a decent part of the student body is not a primarily academic one, and 2) That I was not driven or encouraged by counselors, teachers, etc, to my full potential throughout my first few years. The second one actually worked out to my advantage, because I was able to realize how I could make myself what I hoped to be by my own prerogative. There are other little things I would change, but all the same, I would pick East again every time!