East High School is a highly rated, public school located in Wausau, WI. It has 1,027 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 31% of students are at least proficient in math and 45% in reading.
East High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+76 Students
- A+48 Students
- B+45 Students
- B+40 Students
- B+29 Students
- A-26 Students
- A-26 Students
- A-16 Students
- B16 Students
- B-13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
East High School Reviews
The after school opportunities are very good and appeal to a wide variety of students. Some clubs require minimum commitment while others need much more time and effort put into them. It really depends on what the student is involved in, but most are free and all students seem to enjoy themselves when a part of them. Clubs like Student Council and Key Club require a lot of commitment are very fulfilling because the time the students put in is shown through their service to the school and the community of Wausau. Overall the after school activities offered at East are very beneficial.
This was the best school for me to go through as a high schooler. If I were to do it over again I most certainly would have chosen here. As someone who is much more focused on the arts than athletics, I was able to expand my love for visual art and theater through East's great programs. This was where I also met my best friends. My only complaint about the school is the insufficient funds the arts get here. These creative programs are always passed up for athletic programs and teams which leaves a large part of the student body out of the great opportunities that could be offered to them with more funding. Other than that, it's a great school.
Our school is very adamant about school safety. Over the past few years the school has really made some drastic improvements to help the safety of the school, like adding locked doors and a very good visitor entrance system. I have never felt as if I were in danger at this school. They hold many drills and take very serious precautions when dealing with all types of dangerous situations.