Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
East High School is a public school located in Cheyenne, WY. It has 1,448 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 41% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
East High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-595 Students
- B-323 Students
- A-162 Students
- B-72 Students
- A-63 Students
- B-61 Students
- A-53 Students
- B-48 Students
- B-45 Students
- B+41 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.39 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.47 responses
East High School Reviews
Being at East high school is like being stuck right in the middle of good and awful. Most of the teachers here are of average quality. The thing about east is the utter lack of care that's been put into this building. During the winter it is almost impossible to know how to dress. Every hallway is a different temperature along with unusual smells coming from the restrooms and the cafeteria. I will say, in the last four years this school had molded me into someone that I wasn't expecting.
I loved my time at East High School. Their English Dept. was amazing. I still keep in touch every couple years with my 12th grade creative writing teacher. I signed up for just about EVERYTHING, especially Junior year, when I started freaking out because college was just around the corner. I made sure that by the time I graduated East, I had an excellent resume full of great clubs to send to universities. In the end, I got into my #1 University, so the clubs did it.
East has such a great atmosphere. The school is small so it makes for a close knit environment with students and teachers. With it being in a smaller community it makes for very understanding teachers and wonderful administrative staff. The staff has a very open mind to the diversity of the students. They know how to cater to each students needs. The student officer is also very amazing. He was wonderful at making sure all students were comfortable approaching him if needed. If I were still in Cheyenne I would be 100% confident in sending my own child to East!