East High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+102 Students
- B78 Students
- C+75 Students
- A72 Students
- A-51 Students
- A+43 Students
- B-42 Students
- A-36 Students
- A+34 Students
- B33 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 19 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.25 responses
East High School Reviews
Review East High School
East High School is a place where I found myself discovering new ways to make myself better. It's a school where most students come from lower-middle class families, where most students have a job. It's a place where most of the students will be 1st-generation or 2nd-generation graduates. For these reasons, it makes our teachers more understanding and encouraging. The school offers many ways to get involved or find academic help. We do lack some things that could put us up to par with other more financially prosperous schools. We also do need a change in our school's lunch system, as I do believe that it is not all nutritious nor appetizing. Other than that, I couldn't see myself anywhere else for high school.
Everything honestly just depends on the sports. Our soccer teams are amazingly good and they have a pretty huge coaching staff, fan base and a big team. Our football team isn't very good and everyone always talks the players down , even the coaches but every home game the stands are mainly filled, so it confuses the players. The Cross Country team is amazing, both in their support and their runners. We're okay in basketball and we have pretty full houses for all home games. Our cheer leaders lack spirit but the varsity cheer's routines are amazing! The cheerleaders and the dance team always have dance offs during half times. I personally believe that our athletics would improve if the staff and students had more team spirit, but that's just how I feel.
Nothing is perfect but the staff at East Aurora is very good! They mostly regularly update grades and assignments and are always free to help out, even if you have to rearrange things to get work done. They are all considerate and kind and genuinely are about their students and all of the students in our school. They want us to succeed and they'll pull all-nighters grading work, filling out recommendations or trying to help us with anything we need. They're honestly awesome!