East Hardy High School is an above average, public school located in Baker, WV. It has 225 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 35% of students are at least proficient in math and 75% in reading.
East Hardy High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-26 Students
- B-24 Students
- C+15 Students
- B-14 Students
- B-12 Students
- C+11 Students
- C8 Students
- C+7 Students
- B-7 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
East Hardy High School Reviews
East Hardy High School is a wonderful school in a small community. The academics and teachers are very good, and I felt prepared for college after I graduated. Since the school is located in a small community, it unfortunately does not have much diversity and does not have a lot of money to spend. However, the school was recently remodeled and the facilities and classrooms are all up to date.
East Hardy High School is a very small school in a very small town. Knowing the student body is less than 300, you would expect that the faculty could be more of a help with college applications and readiness, but it turns out to no the so true. There is only two students who can be identified as a racial minority, but there are many students who identify as LGBTQ+
The teachers are wonderful and everyone is very excepting. I have really enjoyed my high school experience, and the past three years have been amazing. This September I will be starting my Senior year. I will truly miss this high school and everything that it has offered me.