Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade C
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C+
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade C+
- Sportsgrade C+
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C+
East Hardy High School is a public school located in Baker, WV. It has 236 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 15% of students are at least proficient in math and 35% in reading.
East Hardy High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B minus29 Students
- grade C28 Students
- grade A minus28 Students
- grade C+19 Students
- grade B minus15 Students
- grade B minus13 Students
- grade C13 Students
- grade C minus9 Students
- grade C8 Students
- grade A8 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade unavailable
- Good for Familiesgrade unavailable
- Housinggrade unavailable
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 16 responses
- Homecoming Football Game25%
- NSH banquet13%
- Homecoming Dance6%
- Pep rallies6%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 6 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$10,234 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 8 responses
East Hardy High School Reviews
Rating 3.8 out of 5 44 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
This school created many great memories in my life through activities and trips I took while there. The community is amazing, and conflicts are rare, but when they do occur they are solved in a quick and orderly fashion. While at this school I was able to take a multitude of courses that prepared me for college, and I was able to be a member in many activities that changed my life. One such activity was robotics, where I discovered my love for leadership and mechanical engineering, and I now plan to live the rest of my life as a mechanical engineer. The staff is also amazing, and they truly connect with the students. Overall East Hardy High School is an amazing school, and I would recommend it to everyone.
East Hardy High School is a wonderful school in a small community. The academics and teachers are very good, and I felt prepared for college after I graduated. Since the school is located in a small community, it unfortunately does not have much diversity and does not have a lot of money to spend. However, the school was recently remodeled and the facilities and classrooms are all up to date.
Small school and they really didnt help to find the resources to further my education. Made it hard to make friends as it was a small town with long term residents. The school was clean and had decent teachers. Some classes were paid for by students to receive college credits during my senior year. Felt like there were not many clubs or organizations to join.